Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Well done, great headline for media sharks "I support Manchester City not Pep fucking guardiola."
He could stay quiet for the rest of his life but the media have enough material on this thread alone to mock us for a 100 years.
The obvious point is what Pep says matters, what you or I say doesn't get reported and carries no weight.

Hes made his move in his latest PC and it should really put things to bed.

Oh, and of you remember all the things you say you need to change your username because you ain't young.
It was just a joke about Good Will Hunting.

27 is young, depending on your perspective.

Help me out here because as far as I can see that's not at all what you accused him of.

You said "he doesn’t understand why the fanbase prefer the league to the CL"

And what he said is "I know for the fans the Premier League is the most exciting. We know as a club that people prefer by far to win the Premier League than the Champions League - I know how special it is"

Do you not see that you've completely twisted that? He's actually said he does understand the fans prefer the PL.

This is something that I've seen dozens of times in this thread. Pep says something, and posters completely twist it to mean the exact opposite and then get upset by it.

You’re tying yourself up in knots to defend him here.

he litterally says “the only way we’ll get them in by seducing them with good football”

Therefore he doesn’t have a fucking scooby why people don’t turn up to midweek CL games.

We have litterally been the best team in the world for large parts of his reign and it’s not made any difference to those CL games.

an extra 10% posssion or 4 shots on target isn’t going to get people through the door.

It doesn’t give kids time off school, it does’t make tickets any cheaper and it doesn’t mean you can get to the ground any easier after work.

FFP etc. are attacks by outsiders. Par for the course.

This is an unnecessary attack on the club generated by the man who represents us in the wider world.

That's the difference.

The current argument is being perpetuated by people who will tolerate no criticism of their hero.

That's pathetic.
It’s way too strong to say Pep has attacked City. That’s was is pathetic.

Keane calling United fans The Prawn Sandwich Brigade was much worse.

Pep wants to win and if he thinks asking for more from the fans will help he won’t hesitate. You can see he can’t believe the reaction and won’t apologise. He cant be expected to know or care that some of our fans will be worried what opposition fans say.

If he asks for help I think it’s fine. That was the intention not to attack City.

I just don’t get why the media and other (and some of our) fans are so obsessed with attendances and how that relates to a ‘big club’. Most of us were there in division 2 when we were part of 30K watching dross every week. I’d be perfectly happy if we were still getting the same 30K every week rather than tourists filling 30% of the stadium. Would you rather have an attendance of 80K but watch total shite and win fuck all or 30K watching the best football ever in England and winning trophies. Utd used to laugh about our ‘massive floodlights’ yet they’re now the ‘massive crowd of tourists’ brigade and wear it like a badge of honour.
This is exactly what I said to my mates 30 -50 k is our match going fan base would I want another 25k of tourist ? No I wouldn't.
30 - 50 k and win trophies or 75k and finish potless ? I know what I would choose everyday of the week

The reputation of the club is better for having Pep. Half our players came because of him and say so.

You are exaggerating the impact of this. How on earth did you get through FFP and CAS if this has upset you so much.

I guarantee this will be forgotten by the weekend and somebody else will be complaining about us. Get used to it.
The club has won trophies before Pep and will do so after Pep. And regarding players, Aguero Kompany, Silva, Toure etc. all came before Pep so that doesn't hold either. I would say those 4 arguably had bigger impact on our club as a whole than Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.