Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

The media will whip anything and twist anything to feed hysteria against city. so you should direct your anger and go to war against them.

Pep never fed anything to the media. He just said because the players look tired against a rested sourthampton he asked people to come in numbers and vocally support the team. he never said he was disappointed with the attendance that day particularly.

The media will whip anything up but they'll certainly make an entire storm out of Pep's words.

Pep did not mention atmosphere or vocally supporting the team, he literally said ''I would like more people to come please', of course it's going to be interpreted as being disappointed in the attendance and pleading with more fans to come. He may have meant it in a rallying cry but it was totally botched and ultimately woefully unnecessary considering our home attendance.

Pep is a genius manager/coach, but he's always said odd things.

Remember when he was still Bayern manager & we came from behind to beat them 3-2. Alonso was generally poor & made a mistake for one of our goals.

Afterwards, Pep told the press that was the best Bayern had ever played & how "fantastic" Alonso had been.
Absolutely no one was buying it - he just looked foolish.

Has repeated those kind of nonsensical comments several times while in charge of City.

Ideally people would just accept that's how he rolls, smile, and not take his comments too seriously. Unfortunately, on this occasion he has played right into our detractors' hands, and it's really hard to see how he couldn't have foreseen what his words would do.

Incredible manager ... odd man, who likes to provoke controversy with outlandish post-match comments.

I don't think Kevin meant any harm, but he somewhat ironically stoked the fires unintentionally in pretty much the same way Pep did unintentionally.
The media are parasites and thrive on anything.

If they can twist something and make City look bad, they will.

Don’t think it’s quite as simple as that tbf. There are a lot of die-hard City fans still genuinely annoyed by Guardiola’s comments.
I'm a "die-hard" City fan and I as well of a lot of my mates couldn't give two shits about this and to be honest Ric I think you're stoking the fire because a lot of fans take what you say as gospel.

True fan are annoyed with pep but why? because they have not seen and heard exactly in full what pep said in the interview, they go off what is said in the media. other are angry because they can't stand the media making fun of them and cowering from criticizing the media instead going after pep.
I'm baffled by the huge mountain sized mole hill that has been made out of this too. The media are a joke that are best ignored. Pep is a weirdo that is best admired.
I'll be singing 'coz we've got...' with extra gusto tomorrow. Best response, imo.

I'm a "die-hard" City fan and I as well of a lot of my mates couldn't give two shits about this and to be honest Ric I think you're stoking the fire because a lot of fans take what you say as gospel.
Have you actually read what I’ve said on this?

“It was taken out of context” would have done. Nothing more or less
Again, you’re assuming that Heggie could tell Guardiola what to say. It’s clearly not that simple, so purely blaming the PR team seems a bit unfair to me.

Is this a joke?

No, it's an honest question.

We all claim to be supporters, 100% behind the club, dyed in the wool Blues, happy clappers, moaners, fight to the end fans, season card holders, Cityzens, etc, but how many are actually members of the OSC?

Shouldn't OSC membership be a minimum expectation for all if us? It's the only officially recognised club for City fans. It's something that fans used to join at the first opportunity when I was a lad.

It's genuinely being a PART OF THE CLUB. An opportunity to actually contribute towards the club, share views and experiences face to face with fellow members and create a positive environment in which to spread the word.

If you're a true Blue, you should be in the OSC.

No, it's an honest question.

We all claim to be supporters, 100% behind the club, dyed in the wool Blues, happy clappers, moaners, fight to the end fans, season card holders, Cityzens, etc, but how many are actually members of the OSC?

Shouldn't OSC membership be a minimum expectation for all if us? It's the only officially recognised club for City fans. It's something that fans used to join at the first opportunity when I was a lad.

It's genuinely being a PART OF THE CLUB. An opportunity to actually contribute towards the club, share views and experiences face to face with fellow members and create a positive environment in which to spread the word.

If you're a true Blue, you should be in the OSC.
Give over.

I’m almost certain they did, but it’s naive to think that Simon Heggie would say to Pep “this is what you need to say” and that he’d go along with it. Guardiola was extremely bullish today and was always going to say what he wanted, not what the PR dept wanted.
And I think that is part of the problem. Surely Pep knew about the ticketing cock-up which would have impacted badly on the gate. He must know that all our league games sell out so there is no need to ask for "more fans to come at 3pm for the Southampton match." The Comms is a mess. Apart from an inconclusive tweet from Danny Wilson they have still not made a proper statement on the customer services collapse. This whole mess happened because we were too passive and not proactive. The problems with ticketing have been simmering for weeks on all social media channels and no one has yet gripped the situation. Pep's comments were not a direct attack on the fans but they were clumsy and ill-timed. Who the hell is advising him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.