Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I'm a "die-hard" City fan and I as well of a lot of my mates couldn't give two shits about this and to be honest Ric I think you're stoking the fire because a lot of fans take what you say as gospel.
I certainly don't take everything Ric says "as gospel" but on this occasion he's bang on the money.

Pep often speaks without thinking but his latest outburst sounded to me like it was something he'd been thinking about for a while.

No, it's an honest question.

We all claim to be supporters, 100% behind the club, dyed in the wool Blues, happy clappers, moaners, fight to the end fans, season card holders, Cityzens, etc, but how many are actually members of the OSC?

Shouldn't OSC membership be a minimum expectation for all if us? It's the only officially recognised club for City fans. It's something that fans used to join at the first opportunity when I was a lad.

It's genuinely being a PART OF THE CLUB. An opportunity to actually contribute towards the club, share views and experiences face to face with fellow members and create a positive environment in which to spread the word.

If you're a true Blue, you should be in the OSC.
I’ve never been in the OSC and never will be.

No, it's an honest question.

We all claim to be supporters, 100% behind the club, dyed in the wool Blues, happy clappers, moaners, fight to the end fans, season card holders, Cityzens, etc, but how many are actually members of the OSC?

Shouldn't OSC membership be a minimum expectation for all if us? It's the only officially recognised club for City fans. It's something that fans used to join at the first opportunity when I was a lad.

It's genuinely being a PART OF THE CLUB. An opportunity to actually contribute towards the club, share views and experiences face to face with fellow members and create a positive environment in which to spread the word.

If you're a true Blue, you should be in the OSC.
I was a Junior Blue in the 70's...does that count?

Some people who were desperate for Pep to apologize need to think how weak it would have looked and how it would have actually fed even more into the media’s narrative

And I think that is part of the problem. Surely Pep knew about the ticketing cock-up which would have impacted badly on the gate. He must know that all our league games sell out so there is no need to ask for "more fans to come at 3pm for the Southampton match." The Comms is a mess. Apart from an inconclusive tweet from Danny Wilson they have still not made a proper statement on the customer services collapse. This whole mess happened because we were too passive and not proactive. The problems with ticketing have been simmering for weeks on all social media channels and no one has yet gripped the situation. Pep's comments were not a direct attack on the fans but they were clumsy and ill-timed. Who the hell is advising him?
Some fair points, although you may be conflating a few issues there. The comms generally over the last few weeks have indeed been poor, but that’s a separate issue imo. Guardiola’s comments are on him, not the PR dept. Tbf, he’s not shirked that.

Some people who were desperate for Pep to apologize need to think how weak it would have looked and how it would have actually fed even more into the media’s narrative
Yeah I agree. It would have pissed off fans too because it would have meant that they were right to think he was criticising them.

I think this is one of those where we need to settle down and try to move beyond this now. We normally can't control the anti-City narratives but here's one where we easily can.

I don't think it should be expected that Pep would realise why City fans specifically don't take kindly to even the slightest hint of a 'no fans' comment. Even someone who's done their research could easily miss all the abuse City fans got off of United fans during their rapid ascension to seemingly global dominance (on the popularity front). It's extraordinarily difficult to think of any other club who had to deal with a local rival like United. This is the club that got so arrogant that they decided that they transcended the local rivalry to have one with Liverpool. We can be a sensitive bunch much of the time but this is one I understand (even if I still don't care too much personally).

Now that the heat has died down fans should realise that Pep never meant harm. Remember this is a guy that's been taking the media heat more than anybody for the past 5 years now. If he didn't like us he'd have gone long ago.

We can all end this.

Some fair points, although you may be conflating a few issues there. The comms generally over the last few weeks have indeed been poor, but that’s a separate issue imo. Guardiola’s comments are on him, not the PR dept. Tbf, he’s not shirked that.
In the digital era communications cuts across every single area. The PR department should not be a separate function. Presumably the Comms Director (Vicky Kloss) is the boss. The messaging to the media, the fans, the staff must be consistent on all channels. I have no idea what the structure is but it isn't working. The media and press are just one of the many channels. There are 70,000 plus fans on Bluemoon, that's more than the read the newspaper version of the MEN.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.