Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
as far as I know neither jrb or I have managed to take repeated photos from the identical same place over the last 18 months so that's a question for MCFC ;-)

I dont understand why the new tension poles holding the expanded roof up are painted a dark grey when all the other ones for the existing roof are battleship grey, looks a little odd.

Just a guess but maybe it's just the undercoat and they are waiting for it to dry!

Just a guess but maybe it's just the undercoat and they are waiting for it to dry!
so exactly HOW are they going to apply a top coat - all the cranes are gone and don't see anyone shimmying monkey-like up the mast with brush behind his ear and paint pot dangling off a hook on his pants do you? ;-)

so exactly HOW are they going to apply a top coat - all the cranes are gone and don't see anyone shimmying monkey-like up the mast with brush behind his ear and paint pot dangling off a hook on his pants do you? ;-)

They will be using sky hooks, you can get them from B&Q there on the same isle as the long stands...

I'm no engineer, but I can only imagine that they are specified a particular shade of grey from the manufacturer, and the original now faded supports were originally this shade, but have naturally weathered. I also assume that these sparkly new ones will weather in and they will all look the same in time.

Can't believe I'm discussing steel shading and not how utterly fucking fabulous that stand looks! :)

No they havent "weathered" that was the original shade The new ones are matching the cladding

No they havent "weathered" that was the original shade The new ones are matching the cladding

I bow to your superior knowledge kramer :)

I am unwavering though in that the whole stadium looks amazing now despite the shade difference! In my opinion only Laurence Llewelyn Bowen or his disciples would be bothered ;)

Does any one know if they have replaced the light bulbs on top of the poles?

Ringway Tower to Delta Air 1234 = "On your approach into Manchester please be aware that the Blue Lights on the Etihad Stadium are not yet in place(lazy B*st*rds)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.