Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't take long to put seats in.
The interior of the South Stand is more likely the critical path.
I can't see it taking any longer than a week to put seats in, and depending on how big a team are on it, it could be be a couple of days.

Those new things hanging from the roof are the new gantries for the floodlights, all the other stands have had them added the two in the picture are just the first part of the gantry which will go across the roof
I get the feeling those two sections are all they are installing on the North Stand as it's been quite a while since they put them in place. Maybe it's a further indication that they are planning on expanding the North Stand soon.

Those dividing glazed panels between the roof and the external coding used to be smaller but when it pissed down at the closing ceremonies of the commonwealth games everyone got wet so they got extended the year after. Anyone sad enough to care look at the extensions to them next time you are at the top of the 3rd tier. Just having a look at those photos again. Some shuttering on the side of the South west tunnel. Some modifications. Going on around there then. I still don't think those 3 rows in the west stand will be in.

I get the feeling those two sections are all they are installing on the North Stand as it's been quite a while since they put them in place. Maybe it's a further indication that they are planning on expanding the North Stand soon.

Not to sure, the roof will still remain on if they do the North Stand and from what I've been told the new floodlights are two big to fit in the old housings, will have to wait and see.

Not to sure, the roof will still remain on if they do the North Stand and from what I've been told the new floodlights are two big to fit in the old housings, will have to wait and see.

Won't be a great view then if they leave the old roof!!! Going back to the 3 rows. I will be keeping a close eye but knowing a little I really would not be surprised if the full perimeter is done in time for Chelsea. The contractors don't think like fans. Some shuttering still evident at the south west corner near the service tunnel. Also note that if you are on row 1 of certain blocks of the west tier you will have people in front of you to the side on the adjacent blocks.

For anyone sad enough to care those glazed panels between the back of the stand and the roof had to be extended post commonwealth games as everyone got pissed on at the closing ceremony.

Cannot wait until that chelsea game and really want a 54000 plus crowd!!!

From @wonder_bob on Twitter.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
I'm an old Maine Rd stalwart and i'v put on here a few times my views on the Etihad, yes it's a magnificent buiding, yes it's modern and yes it's the future but those photos say everything about the place....soulless, sorry I know I will get pelters for saying that but there you go, give me the run down Kippax any time

r...... no thats not fair - you need to move with the times, ifwhen we get that other end the Etihad becomes the BEST club stadium in the country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.