Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All modern stadiums are soulless, but we put the soul into them over time.
Little bits of history have already happened at the Etihad and in another 25 years fans will be reluctant to say goodbye again.

Loved Maine Road, but leaving was the greatest move we ever made, even if we did lose a bit of soul along the way, we gained a future. Heaven knows what state we'd be in now had we stayed!

It's a shame we cannot create a 'wall' like atmosphere in the south stand similar to that at Dortmund as that would give the stadium real character and improve the atmosphere no end.

Won't be a great view then if they leave the old roof!!! Going back to the 3 rows. I will be keeping a close eye but knowing a little I really would not be surprised if the full perimeter is done in time for Chelsea. The contractors don't think like fans. Some shuttering still evident at the south west corner near the service tunnel. Also note that if you are on row 1 of certain blocks of the west tier you will have people in front of you to the side on the adjacent blocks.

For anyone sad enough to care those glazed panels between the back of the stand and the roof had to be extended post commonwealth games as everyone got pissed on at the closing ceremony.

Cannot wait until that chelsea game and really want a 54000 plus crowd!!!

Nice one!!! Ment they will leave the roof and build over it as when they did the South Stand

The only thing stopping a Dortmund like wall is us the fans. Admittedly having the away fans sandwiched between the two most vocal sections isn't perfect, but it shouldn't stop us creating more noise, and ultimately it's down to the rest of us beyond the South and CB corner section to do our bit. The lads in those areas do us proud, but that's only 1/4 of the ground.

Had a walk round the ground Monday just a few bits we saw heard.
City circle is getting laid at the moment at the foot of the new bridge.its outer circle says blue moon I saw you standing alone.each letter has approx 30/50 holes in for the discs
The pictures from the northstanf to south have been replaced with a photo history of main events.
The spirals have been rebranded with cityzens names in no order so you carnt find your name
Season tickets not yet printed and will be sent out recorded delivery for beginning of august.
Away kit should be released 4 Aug ish
South stand
No expert but there looks a hell of a lot to do to get it finished in time. One side done other nearly done.all I can say on a grey wet day the whole thing didn't have the wow factor just very grey looking,maybe on a sunny day when the glass etc shines.
Posted in good faith what I found out.

Had a walk round the ground Monday just a few bits we saw heard.
City circle is getting laid at the moment at the foot of the new bridge.its outer circle says blue moon I saw you standing alone.each letter has approx 30/50 holes in for the discs
The pictures from the northstanf to south have been replaced with a photo history of main events.
The spirals have been rebranded with cityzens names in no order so you carnt find your name
Season tickets not yet printed and will be sent out recorded delivery for beginning of august.
Away kit should be released 4 Aug ish
South stand
No expert but there looks a hell of a lot to do to get it finished in time. One side done other nearly done.all I can say on a grey wet day the whole thing didn't have the wow factor just very grey looking,maybe on a sunny day when the glass etc shines.
Posted in good faith what I found out.

I should hope not! They're the wrong bloody lyrics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.