Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Threa

SouthStandStander said:
The perfect fumble said:
B4srP7_IcAAMcN5.jpg

https://twitter.com/NPAS_Barton/status/543575733835403264
Why does the etihad look like it's on fire?

probably have the heat lamps on to help the grass grow.

We've lost 1,500 seats during the construction process.

Are they lost forever, or will some be reinstated later in the season as building progresses? There's a hoarding at the back of the South Stand 2nd tier. I wonder if those seats could be brought back into operation later in the season.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Shaelumstash said:
The cookie monster said:
Horrible bastard is Conn

What a ludicrous article. If he wanted to write an article about human rights abuses in the UAE, by all means, go ahead. If he wanted to write about huge investment by Sheikh Mansour in MCFC, and it is ruining football in his opinion, then go ahead. But to write an article that is clearly trying to fuse an inextricable link between Manchester City and human rights abuses in the UAE is just ridiculous, sensationalist, and potentially dangerous.

The UK government is a majority shareholder in RBS. The UK and it's allies have been accused of appalling human rights abuses in the fields of conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan. Does that make RBS customers somehow linked to those human rights abuses? Is there any connection whatsoever? I don't think there is. Conn is just trying to be sensationalist, and if a similar story appeared in The Sun or The Daily Mail, he and his paper would be the first to highlight how absurd and ridiculous it was.
Now we're in 100% agreement, which makes a pleasant change. Why not criticise Liverpool, whose main sponsor is Standard Chartered who are (yet again) being investigated for money laundering after paying the largest ever settlement to the US authorities. And their next biggest sponsor is Garuda the state airline of Indonesia, a country which has a far, far worse human rights record than the UAE.

I seem to remember at the time of Conn's article, it got a fair bit of exposure on RAWK in the car crash of a thread masquerading as the "General Manchester City" thread. A poster called Manchester Blue tore the mentalists on there a new arsehole and actually got the support of some LFC fans on there which proves that we're talking about a dickhead minority who peddle this shit.

In addition, your references to Standard Chartered and Garuda simply but effectively highlight the sanctimony and hypocrisy of any Liverpool fan that laughably tries to go down this route. Similarly, for any United fan that attempts to pull the same stunt, one only has to mention Turkish Airlines and Aeroflot plus we all know who Arsenal's main sponsor is.

M18CTID said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Shaelumstash said:
What a ludicrous article. If he wanted to write an article about human rights abuses in the UAE, by all means, go ahead. If he wanted to write about huge investment by Sheikh Mansour in MCFC, and it is ruining football in his opinion, then go ahead. But to write an article that is clearly trying to fuse an inextricable link between Manchester City and human rights abuses in the UAE is just ridiculous, sensationalist, and potentially dangerous.

The UK government is a majority shareholder in RBS. The UK and it's allies have been accused of appalling human rights abuses in the fields of conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan. Does that make RBS customers somehow linked to those human rights abuses? Is there any connection whatsoever? I don't think there is. Conn is just trying to be sensationalist, and if a similar story appeared in The Sun or The Daily Mail, he and his paper would be the first to highlight how absurd and ridiculous it was.
Now we're in 100% agreement, which makes a pleasant change. Why not criticise Liverpool, whose main sponsor is Standard Chartered who are (yet again) being investigated for money laundering after paying the largest ever settlement to the US authorities. And their next biggest sponsor is Garuda the state airline of Indonesia, a country which has a far, far worse human rights record than the UAE.

I seem to remember at the time of Conn's article, it got a fair bit of exposure on RAWK in the car crash of a thread masquerading as the "General Manchester City" thread. A poster called Manchester Blue tore the mentalists on there a new arsehole and actually got the support of some LFC fans on there which proves that we're talking about a dickhead minority who peddle this shit.

In addition, your references to Standard Chartered and Garuda simply but effectively highlight the sanctimony and hypocrisy of any Liverpool fan that laughably tries to go down this route. Similarly, for any United fan that attempts to pull the same stunt, one only has to mention Turkish Airlines and Aeroflot plus we all know who Arsenal's main sponsor is.

Weren't Standard Chartered fined $300M for effectively allowing money laundering which is a common route to get money around for terrorists, criminals etc? They really don't have a pot to piss in on this stuff.

They may want to read this too.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/comment/article-2868994/RUTH-SUNDERLAND-Sands-time-running-low-Standard-Chartered-fresh-sanction-busting-probes-loom.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/comm ... -loom.html</a>

Marvin said:

Are they lost forever, or will some be reinstated later in the season as building progresses? There's a hoarding at the back of the South Stand 2nd tier. I wonder if those seats could be brought back into operation later in the season.

5e148c3e7659996d41b5eb0e76279d22.jpg

They needed somewhere level and secure to put the hoarding up probably with sufficient room to work behind it. Are they putting new boxes here? If so I doubt that he hoarding will be coming down until after the current roof struts are taken down

Carver said:
Marvin said:

They needed somewhere level and secure to put the hoarding up probably with sufficient room to work behind it. Are they putting new boxes here? If so I doubt that he hoarding will be coming down until after the current roof struts are taken down

Again another brilliant side on picture of the South End development, showing how massive and awesome this stadium of ours is going to be, once all the building is finally finished..................

Carver said:
Marvin said:

The new Legends lounge will be there

I presume that it is the lamps they use for the grass.

George Hannah said:
CFA opening day on BBC Breakfast

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNEUKwRcUUU[/video]

Wow....

BBC Breakfast, now let's give our PR department the praise they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.