Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody else noticed the additional steps placed under the seats? clearly visible on the photos from cyclops (bottom left corner) checking on the 3d viewer they are also visible
Block 101 seats 8-21
Block 114 seats 368-379
Block 115 seat 405 through to block 116 seat 422
Block 117 seat 449-460
Possible other locations as well

Guess this is for exit routes when stadium is configured for concerts?

Extra height in the singing section :)

Its not going to be pleasant in those seats during a game- broken ankles?

Is this not forward planning for when Safe standing finally gets approval, when the seats are not in use you want 2 steps to allow staggered standing in those sections. When the seats are down (as theoretically they should be) the second step is covered. All the sections you detail are on the lower stand as well, which is where any standing would be used. This is purely speculation on my behalf and maybe someone with better insight could confirm if this is a possibility or I'm talking out of my arse, which really isnt unusual ;o)

Is this not forward planning for when Safe standing finally gets approval, when the seats are not in use you want 2 steps to allow staggered standing in those sections. When the seats are down (as theoretically they should be) the second step is covered. All the sections you detail are on the lower stand as well, which is where any standing would be used. This is purely speculation on my behalf and maybe someone with better insight could confirm if this is a possibility or I'm talking out of my arse, which really isnt unusual ;o)
No.

It's been covered before. It'd to do width stairwell width when there is a concert on, because of more people on the pitch, the stairs need to be wider, so they remove the end seat.

Just back from my look around the stadium, wasn't allowed to take pics due to some of the places we went to but can put on some bits might not be new but thought I'd share

The building work is on time, they are currently installing some dranage from the roof...
the "keys to the stand" will be handed ofver next tuesday ready for the test event which is vital for the licencing
segregation wise they have copied from arsenal with barriers seperating fans instead of the netting in between fans and it is causing some concern for the third teir as it is very steep,
UEFA are going to be looking at the stadium in the next week to check on progress,
the Chelsea game is a big game as every single imaginable regulatory body will be checking on the stand as well as the FA
The stadium is also having an X-Ray Machine installed in the medical room for the Rugby World Cup game in October

What the heck has it got to do with UEFA?

I take it it's up to the club to arrange all the signage on the outside, such as the huge City badge at the top of the mesh section?

She's taking shape!

A new chapter of the Etihad Stadium will be written this season when the extended South Stand opens to the public for the first time.

We're on the official count down to the extended stadium’s debut as City take on title rivals Chelsea in their first Premier League home game on 16 August.

That match should see the highest attendance for a home game since the 70s and will be the perfect launch pad for a new City era.

Check out our gallery featuring the very latest images snapped by Club photographer Victoria Haydn.

Plenty of beer pumps to keep thirsty fans happy.

web-the-beer-cellar-is-kitted-out-with-all-new-equipment-A78Q9409.ashx

New hospitality areas being worked on.

web-hospitality-rooms-being-finished-A78Q9322.ashx

Shiny new concourses

web-sparkly-new-rooms-A78Q9429.ashx

The renovated Legends Lounge ready for its fixtures and fittings.

web-the-legends-lounge-final-touches-going-in-A78Q9376.ashx

Plenty of leg room.

web-nearly-all-the-seats-are-in-A78Q9355.ashx

Front row of the new third tier.

web-the-three-tiers-nearly-complete-A78Q9333.ashx

View from the South East corner.

web-the-pitch-is-ready-A78Q9295.ashx

Breathtaking view!

web-the-view-from-the-new-stand-A78Q9362.ashx

In all it's glory!

web-close-to-completion-A78Q9476.ashx

What the heck has it got to do with UEFA?

I take it it's up to the club to arrange all the signage on the outside, such as the huge City badge at the top of the mesh section?
its to show how the new tier will affect match days for CL games etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.