Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean impossible with the current roof, or impossible regardless?
It's already high, but I'm curious if the current 3rd tier could be replaced with a less steep angle, and then a fourth tier added more or less at the same pitch as the current 3rd tier (if that makes sense?) - obviously extending even further back, but as stands go, City isn't ever too far from the pitch.

Alternatively, is that donkey's years down the line, as we still have the CB and East Stands with expansion opportunity?

Impossible with the original roof and cable net in place.

The build is at the absolute limit the height of the old supports allow. You can see it here in this pic.

image.jpg

I don't know if it's been mentioned previously but doesn't the test event have to be a paid event? Hence why it's only £3 going to CITC.
They needed a minimum number of attendees, if tickets had been free it would be easy to get them and not attend thus the event would not satisfy the requirements

Impossible with the original roof and cable net in place.

The build is at the absolute limit the height of the old supports allow. You can see it here in this pic.

image.jpg

I get ya (I think), it's literally a hoop with it tensioned / held in place by those lower cables disappearing just below the roof?
And I'm guessing it's a very specific angle they pull at in order to tension it laterally, and support it vertically (I think).

It's hard to envisage how it could be extended again without undoing a LOT of what's already done, but then it's hard to image a need for us to extend the SS again. By the time we outgrow the Etihad (if every) it might be time for complete rebuild anyway!

I get ya (I think), it's literally a hoop with it tensioned / held in place by those lower cables disappearing just below the roof?
And I'm guessing it's a very specific angle they pull at in order to tension it laterally, and support it vertically (I think).

Yep. The supports also come in through the corners from a much lower position which is why they can't be done either.

image.jpg

Last edited:
A chicken ?
Not sure about a chicken!

I'm also not sure if you're a native American, or exiled Mancunian, but we're discussing a peculiar phenomenon on some English streets, where strange objects would be tossed over lamp posts, or telegraph poles / wires(usually by kids). A pair of shoes, or an old bicycle tyre would be commonplace. It usually happened in the tougher areas, but not exclusively so. People would look up and wonder - how the hell did THAT get there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.