Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sat in row V ,block 316 seat 425,if this is your seat you are in for a treat on Sunday.All good,a bit off finishing to do.What stood out,like a sore thumb, were the flood light gantries,carefully curved on the Colin Bell and east stands but just bolted onto the North Stand,I think an indication they are not expected to remain in situ very long.Disappointed with the "early leavers" but a little research by the club and they would have realised that an unofficial evacuation of the stadium occurs around fifteen minutes before the end of any game in the ground.Do these same people leave the cinema before the end of a film,or leave restaurants before pudding is served ?

I think there are a number of options being considered for the North end - symmetrical as per south, one single tier but would involve full stand closed for a period a la Dortmund and a two tiered option. I will keep posting on here as things develop.

I think there are a number of options being considered for the North end - symmetrical as per south, one single tier but would involve full stand closed for a period a la Dortmund and a two tiered option. I will keep posting on here as things develop.

It's interesting...if it was one big Dortmund type stand...I can see a shift and mass migration again to the north stand whereas the whole dynamics of the stadium will change...the singers at the north end of the ground, with maybe the family stand shifting to the south next to the away support?

Sitting in the new stand last night you just can't help but feel the whole stadium needs to be brought to the same level

Thanks WW.

Plans have already been aired around a single merged 2nd and 3rd tier
alternateplan.jpg

Personally I think it would be a shame to do something like this and compromise the chance of a completed three tier bowl

We will never have a Dortmund wall because the culture of fans is different so there's no point trying to superimpose that idea. My initial reaction is to finish what we've started. A 6,000 tier is pretty substantial and potentially atmospheric and it would be very disruptive to reduce the capacity for a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.