Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree - is this not normal? I've moved from 223, where you couldn't hear the person next to you unless they shouted in your ear, to 123 where I didn't hear anything other than a mumble from Ferris, McClean and co.

No it's usually a lot louder.
Watching it back on the TV it seems ok the sound so maybe it was just our area and they are still to install some speakers or something.

That was a great day.

thought the exterior of the South Stand looked a bit unfinished, but looked great inside and much louder.

My seat on front row of 105 was brilliant. Can't see the far pitch markings but still got great views into each penalty area, and I enjoy being right next to the action.

Walked back to the main road under the bridge to the Training ground. Very impressive.

I'd really like City to do the North Stand. Would be amazing to be there for that.

Was in 317

Really loud, roof made a big difference, could hear the noise bouncing back

Oh and the leg room!!!!

Couple of pics from today. Nothing earth shattering but hey it was really great in 316 and I'm very happy with my spot on row S. Great view, leg/arm room and acoustics/atmosphere (noticeably different even clapping on your own resonates... I like to carry the "if you hate..." one on a bit longer -)

Also happy about the mix of the crowd up there, lots of ex Value Carders, like me, and others who've been wandering around a bit lost since the move from Maine Road/Kippax got pulled down... Lads around me were all loving it an many joining in with every song or dance. I think a lot have finally found their home.

There's a great view from the bar over south Manchester and I was trying to work out where Maine Road was as I was sure if was still there you'd see it. Be great to have a searchlight from the old centre circle for night/winter matches!

Negatives were the service, esp at half time. Unsurprising though. When I arrived, early, they still had the food menus from Weds night on the counter (the only menus at all on that bar although the other lot had the screens up) with the cheap prices. I told them that by rights they should've served me at those prices but I wasn't in the mood to argue too much so told them to move it quick. Great burger btw but £7 for that and chips? Ah well but why they can't have a better service time is beyond me.

Also think that on Derby day it's going to be a bit tasty going down the M block stairs... Needs far better screening. There'll be coins and all sorts being lobbed over when we dick 'em, again. The door leading to the stairs is also very narrow so quite a bottleneck but maybe that helps to stop a crush at the top of the stairs? Which when you got there weren't that busy. Anyway I wouldn't want to be having to get out very quickly. There must be another way that misses that door out. I'll investigate next time.

Managed to walk into the Ladies bogs, by mistake, which was huge and completely empty so by the time I'd realised I snook in the end cubicle. Then scurried out past one woman washing her hands... I wiped the seat and flushed so no harm done. -)

All in all a really great day and after really wondering whether to renew/move I'm delighted that I did.

Oh yeah, pics...

Before from the bridge

2i1pa9c.jpg

2wddpvm.jpg

Afterwards from the Grassy Knoll...

1zfsu1w.jpg

Your pics aren't showing..

other than that great write up - i'm in kippax lower errr i mean east stand level 1 ;) (will always be kippax lower to me!), and the new stand looked bloody imperssive now it's full!
Going to be a fab season alright!!

There's a great view from the bar over south Manchester and I was trying to work out where Maine Road was as I was sure if was still there you'd see it. Be great to have a searchlight from the old centre circle for night/winter matches!

Here's your view from the south stand to maine road btw, a few weeks back my other half was having a similar debate with a workmate (a tosser - his workmate, not my other half) about "what is closer to albert square" (i mean seriously... why not do some work?!) so this screenshot was used ;)

Imagtte1_zpstvvdnlcq.jpg

It used to help spot maine road from the eastlands area when st marys hosp was still up, as it helped you get your direction.. i remember from the back windows of the top tier of the kippax if you looked right past st marys you could see the new stadium being built..

Gents,

Watched today whilst abroad on my 'jolly' on Canal ploooooooooos. Although not a lot made, or seen, of new SS beforehand (ie. our host managed to tune us in 30 secs after KO and had limited sound) I was still impressed. New SS with upper 3rd tier looked awesome from ground level up and thought to self, and suggested and agreed with others, that to see (eventually) corners filled-in, in sync with CB and East Stands, and NS done, it will truly be 'the business'. I'm assuming the additional front three rows were completed and filled as there appeared a marked/visual/positive difference in the required 'intimidation of visitors' from our perspective.

btw Improved performances (again) from Mangala & Sagna today. It, truly is, a 'funny ol' game'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.