Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the sound of this !!!

The only way the north stand can be justified. The pay back will be paid in beer spend, improved atmosphere, 10000 young fans and an improved image throughout Europe in the biggest fan zone of its kind in Europe. I have had an update today. Literally cannot wait to see the plans.

I never said any such thing so don't put words in my mouth. What I said was:

"I hope the campus remains primarily sport focussed with the new developments complementing rather than distracting from it."

That infers that I'd prefer that there was a consistent 'sport' theme throughout the campus and that the attention isn't drawn too far away from 'sport' by any new developments thereby cementing it's position as a global destination for 'sport'.

I can see how that is a disgraceful statement now, how could I ever have thought let alone posted such a terrible thing!!!!! Please forgive me for having an opinion!!!!!!!!
Perhaps you should show me where I have used the word "disgraceful" and you have the nerve to say I`m putting words into blah blah blah.If you can`t stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Perhaps you should show me where I have used the word "disgraceful" and you have the nerve to say I`m putting words into blah blah blah.If you can`t stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
What are you talking about? The 'disgraceful' comment was just that, a comment, not a quote!

Dear me. Okay, you win, well done! The kitchen is yours! If it's a competition to you on here then that says everything.

The only way the north stand can be justified. The pay back will be paid in beer spend, improved atmosphere, 10000 young fans and an improved image throughout Europe in the biggest fan zone of its kind in Europe. I have had an update today. Literally cannot wait to see the plans.
Sounds interesting. Please tell more.

Scrap the two tier cgi - one is the thinking! Dortmund style. 30 pound tickets and a fan zone unrivalled in Europe. Securing our next generation of support is key to the clubs thinking!
Better not get too attached to my spot in 316 then.

It's gonna be great.

Imagine it with safe standing...

Will the roof mirror the SS or will it, and the stand, be deeper?

It'll take some effort to pull a one tier stand off. They'd have to knock down the whole stand.

It would look phenomenal. I imagine the pitch would change to a steeper angle around a point equivalent to the back of the current first tier.

I think somebody mentioned they could build the rear of the stand during the season, behind the current NS and leave the current 2 tiers in place until the close season then dismantle the 2nd tier and close the 'gap'. Not sure how viable that is with regard to construction logistics but fingers crossed it's possible.

Can't wait for further info now. Exciting times.

Scrub that.

If you look at the pic, with the angle of the 2nd tier, if it were extended forwards (down) then it would meet the same point as the current pitch side. That could be done close season, build behind during the season then finish it off the subsequent close season.

I'm probably making it sound too simple but it seems to work looking at the drawing. The bowl would then be broken on the lower tier though.
bd3299648b588ade68770f55c1d19f30.jpg

Scrub that.

If you look at the pic, with the angle of the 2nd tier, if it were extended forwards (down) then it would meet the same point as the current pitch side. That could be done close season, build behind during the season then finish it off the subsequent close season.

I'm probably making it sound too simple but it seems to work looking at the drawing. The bowl would then be broken on the lower tier though.
bd3299648b588ade68770f55c1d19f30.jpg

If you carried the light blue "New End" down that would also meet at the same point. I'd go for that. The back rows are nearer the pitch and higher. Steeper. More imposing.

Light Blue is what the South Stand actually is (apart from stand backside)
Black was an alternative option which leaves the first and second tiers as unbroken bowls
Third tier can be overhung second tier OR following on directly behind second tier precisely because we aren't doing the corners
There is NO option to have one big three tier high end - you either break the first tier bowl (and block the corner view) or break the second tier bowl which will create a step in the corners like at Stamford Bridge and look shit and will have reduced concourse and bar space under the stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.