Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If City were truly going to make a 'statement' in terms of development (of the stadium), then there's really only the following options:

1) Brand new stadium (unlikely)
2) Largest overall capacity (unlikely)
3) Largest capacity stand of some nature (possible?)

Having a new Kippax, but behind the goals would be incredible. I know it's not really all about records, but for it to be the biggest / tallest / highest capacity in Europe would certainly be a statement.

Lots of people are talking about making things Safe Standing compatible - is that likely to even happen?

Feels like safe standing is one of those things that is always 5 years away and never actually gonna happen.

I never said any such thing so don't put words in my mouth. What I said was:

"I hope the campus remains primarily sport focussed with the new developments complementing rather than distracting from it."

That infers that I'd prefer that there was a consistent 'sport' theme throughout the campus and that the attention isn't drawn too far away from 'sport' by any new developments thereby cementing it's position as a global destination for 'sport'.

I can see how that is a disgraceful statement now, how could I ever have thought let alone posted such a terrible thing!!!!! Please forgive me for having an opinion!!!!!!!!
Who`s stopping you from having an opinion.I clearly stated that we are a Global Brand and do not operate like some small time concern.Why would our Owner and Khaldoon move away from their original plans on how best to take the Club forward firstly as a Football Club,secondly as a successfully Global Brand Organisation and thirdly to become self sufficient in whatever they deem the best suitable route to take.
They would have to be stupid to move away from a sports themed operator with the Campus.However anything over and above and beyond, which brings in additional revenue around the surrounding areas,should not be sniffed at,irrespective of whether its sports linked or Catering & Hospitality,Retail,Theme Parks etc,why should we worry.One different type of venture goes hand in hand with what we are trying to achieve.
If it bears the name City then additional revenue will pour in and our Owner will be one delighted person as he will then be able to see,as is happening now,that we are a self sufficient company and one that gets under the fucking skin of UEFA and their FFP.

What if City were to build a school/s? or a some science park, or even a new hospital etc? There's so much more than just sport than can be built to bridge the gap between sport and the community. Manchester City, like most clubs, was once about a community (in the true geographical sense). Why not the same again, where Manchester is once again represented by Manchester City, and Salford can do what they like with their lot.
Imagine a state of the art hospital for kids (like Great Ormond Street) but in the Northwest - Manchester City Children's Hospital. Or a cancer research centre etc. Football ACTUALLY doing something positive. Talk about football actually making a different to people's lives? if our owners really want impact, something like that would beat any theme park / hotel hands down.

Our club COULD represent a lot more than sport. A pipe dream perhaps, but where we are now was a pipe dream a few years ago.

Last edited:
What if City were to build a school/s? or a some science park, or even a new hospital etc? There's so much more than just sport than can be built to bridge the gap between sport and the community. Manchester City, like most clubs, was once about a community (in the true geographical sense). Why not the same again, where Manchester is once again represented by Manchester City, and Salford can do what they like with their lot.
Imagine a state of the art hospital for kids (like Great Ormond Street) but in the Northwest - Manchester City Children's Hospital. Or a cancer research centre etc. Football ACTUALLY doing something positive. Talk about football actually making a different to people's lives? if our owners really want impact, something like that would beat any theme park / hotel hands down.

Our club COULD represent a lot more than sport. A pipe dream perhaps, but where we are now was a pipe dream a few years ago.
Some people can`t see the wood for the trees FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.