Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree, don't see the obsession with not having 3 tiers in the North Stand. For me. Not convinced that the atmosphere would be massively improved and it would just look out of place with everywhere else being 3 tiers.

More to it than that, mate. Here's my post from a few pages back:

For those saying that the North Stand should match the new South Stand, there would be too much wasted space if that were to happen. The South Stand includes the Legends Lounge, as well as the bar areas; 93:20 & Joe's.

Combined these areas take up a lot of room and there would never be the demand in a 60k seater stadium to have those facilities at the other end as well. This is just another reason why I believe they are considering a different design for the North Stamd end.

Isn't joe"s bar area all under East and cb stand. With 93:20 bar area under SSL2?

Maybe the current plan is to move the bar areas for joe"s under the NS and give the areas that are currently joe's bar areas back to ESL2 and CBL2.

g0VM4s6

Looking very well from 308 today.

I don't get the fascination with the single tier stand or single "second tier" at North Stand people are going on about, think people see Dortmund's atmosphere in their end and get carried away. It isn't the shape of the stand or if on one, two, or three tiers, it's who is in them that creates the atmosphere.

The North Stand is currently a family stand, if you want to create this huge single tier stand you are going to have to move the family stand or it is wasted, but where to? South Stand, which currently has the best atmosphere and away fans? They aint going to put kids next to away fans. They also aint going to stick them on the third tier somewhere, we want to appeal to new generation of fans as much as poss as we have(had) such an aging average age of fans so they aint going to stick them in the gods.

Only real option is to have them in North Stand lower, below the second huge tier, but then the whole point of it in the first place is the atmosphere, so again not really seeing the benefits

I think safe standing would change things, I grew up watching City (born '82) on the old standing Kippax, sitting on the barriers as a kid, getting pushed off when we score and then trying to rush back on quick before other kids took your spot, so totally "get" what people want regards atmosphere, and if there was a standing end I would want to be in it, I just can't see it anytime soon, and without standing and moving of the family stand, I don't really see the benefits.

That said, I have to pinch myself sometimes with where we are nowadays, the Etihad is just amazing as jrb above photo shows, and will get even better, and whatever they decide for the NS I'm sure it will make it an even more impressive stadium.

Safe standing is definitely something the club are lobbying for. It is win win because it increases the amount of people in the ground whilst retaining the same usable space. Your right too about Dortmund, their atmosphere is created by the crowd not the stand and the more people you pack in standing or otherwise the better it will be. Unfortunately poor atmosphere is a nationwide problem that is purely down to the fact that a good atmosphere is created by everything removed by regulation. You cannot drink, you cannot stand and also finally it is too expensive for at least some element of the die hard types who want to do what I have just mentioned. Safe standing is the best solution for this because if you can pack in 100% more people, you can get 100% more atmosphere and you can also charge them 50% less.

I totally understand the legal issues surrounding safe standing but there is no proof that Hillsborough for example or any other tragedy was caused by a lack of seating, far from it. Seating did not cause that disaster the same fans quite simply not turning up didn't. Seating was merely a rash arrangement to outright prevent the issues such as overcrowding that do arise from people standing, that is it. In this day and age of cameras, technology and monitoring, surely there is a way to pack a load of people into an area who basically just stand up and watch the game?

Some images from today.

Panorama from near my seat after the match

Colin Bell Stand corner. You can see the weather protection panels being added.

You can see the mounting points and the cutouts from the cable anchors that will allow the finishing panels to be fitted. You can also see the mounting studs for the curved beams that will go around the cable tower.

Roof edge trim sections being added. They will also house blue lights like the rest of the roof.

On page 275 we were talking about segregation for cup games, it's currently 1/3 away to 2/3 home. There is a galvanised steel gate under the stand between aisle 314 and aisle 315 (right behind goal) and it would be quite simple to put another gate between 315 and 316 and close the door to the south west stairwell from the centre as there is no divide in the south west stairwell unlike the south east one with home fans on one side and away on the other.

Moving the segregation area in the stand across to the middle of block 316 appears to be more of an issue as the seats don't line up and some are in widths of about 8 together. Might be a black cloth job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.