Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the next few years, Spurs, Chelsea and ourselves will all have 60,000+ seater stadia.

Liverpool are going to be f*cked. They're doing their big expansion to increase match day revenue and get into the top 4, and they aren't even keeping up with the rest. Arsenal too, spent 9 years with no trophies to fund the Emirates and the advantage they thought they'd get from it will last <5 years.

On the other hand - an England World Cup would surely be on the cards then. Wembley, Etihad, swamp, new WHL, new Stanford Bridge, the Emirates all over 60,000. St. James park and Anfield 50,000+.

No other country in the world can compete in terms of infrastructure.

eh?

Westfalen/Dortmund 81k
Allianz/Bayern 75k
Olympic stadium Berlin 74k
Olympic stadium Münich/70k
Schalke/62k
Stuttgart/60k
Hamburg/57k
Dusseldorf/54k
Mönghengladbach/54k

and they're not the only +50k stadiums either!

but thankfully for your theory they had their WC recently.

Doesn't safe standing equate to a third extra so if the South stand is 10,000 (a guess because I can't recall) it would be 13,300.

The Sudtribune at Dortmund adds about 16000 extra bodies when standing is allowed

65k for European Matches

81k for League matches

I guess there's different designs! But a third seems far to low for Me. Thought it added approx 1.8 for every seat. So 10000 would be approx 18000. Seems much more in line with the Dortmund model.

Safe standing, if introduced in this country, will have its capacity determined by the safety authorities. I doubt that any increase in capacity will be allowed at all but if it is it won't be on the German scale.

The Sudtribune at Dortmund adds about 16000 extra bodies when standing is allowed

65k for European Matches

81k for League matches

I guess there's different designs! But a third seems far to low for Me. Thought it added approx 1.8 for every seat. So 10000 would be approx 18000. Seems much more in line with the Dortmund model.

I posted that before actually checking (silly billy that I am), I posted later that in Germany it's between 20 and 80% increase.

According to this http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/safe-standing-the-business-case the German clubs vary between 20% and 80% increase, presumably down to different designs.

Safe standing doesn't increase capacity as far as i'm aware. Rail seats use the same space as a standard seat.

It does. Basically when used a a standing enclosure the rail seats are bolted up allowing extra people to accommodate those areas. Hence why Dortmund's capacity is only around 65k for European games and over 80k for Bundesliga matches

eh?

Westfalen/Dortmund 81k
Allianz/Bayern 75k
Olympic stadium Berlin 74k
Olympic stadium Münich/70k
Schalke/62k
Stuttgart/60k
Hamburg/57k
Dusseldorf/54k
Mönghengladbach/54k

and they're not the only +50k stadiums either!

but thankfully for your theory they had their WC recently.

Yeah, except that's complete bollocks isn't it because those are with standing sections...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.