Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that means Laings prices have gone up? I was sat next to a senior manager from Laings on the train about a year ago and he thought they had already won the North Stand work.

Laings price will have gone up - they have just won 700 million of work at the airport, lost money on phase 1 and have won a couple of jobs at the university.

They are still doing quite a bit of work on fit out items this summer. I agree with everyones opinions about the quality of finish on the South Stand works. Looks unfinished to me and I still haven't got over a huge weed / tree growing out of the concrete base of the steel supports at the Chelsea home game! Hundreds and hundreds of contractors must have walked past it every day.

I remember that pre South Stand extension plans there were plans done( and posted on the online site) for a corporate area with a view of the players tunnel. This was around 4 years ago when the club posted lots of ideas for us fans to think about. I remember printing them all off at the time...no idea where I then put them though!!!!

Sound like it happening then! Might be a good seat if it ever kicks off in the tunnel! Like a bit of voyeurism.

Laings price will have gone up - they have just won 700 million of work at the airport, lost money on phase 1 and have won a couple of jobs at the university.

They are still doing quite a bit of work on fit out items this summer. I agree with everyones opinions about the quality of finish on the South Stand works. Looks unfinished to me and I still haven't got over a huge weed / tree growing out of the concrete base of the steel supports at the Chelsea home game! Hundreds and hundreds of contractors must have walked past it every day.
You averse to a bit of landscaping?

yh, they were pushing the "gawping at the players in the tunnel" corporate again last season. Sure the players will love the distraction of plastics gawping at them.

I am going to get one on the side of the away team and lick the glass before every game and try and put them off. I can see it being worth 10 points a season to us.

There is already a lounge, albeit on a much smaller scale, called 11. It isn't the players tunnel but is a glass wall alongside the main entrance corridor that the players walk through on their way to the dressing rooms when they get off the coach.
If they move the referees office, managers office, players lounge and warm up area - they could move the changing rooms back towards the stairs and convert the changing rooms to lounges with glass walls either side of the tunnel.

Thanks mate

Was just about to post similar - i would imagine close to the dugouts. Was also told to expect some changes on the concourse area on level one in this area. Was told it was being "broken up" not sure what that meant - maybe we wont be able to walk the full way round soon? Laings have just submitted a price for the North Stand works by the way.

A couple of seasons ago this was part of the survey that got peoples opinions about what became the 93:20. While your having your Sancerre and vol-au-vent you look through the glass wall to the players lining up then take your seat behind the dugout. The proposed price though was mental, but I guess that've got enough interest to do it.

A couple of seasons ago this was part of the survey that got peoples opinions about what became the 93:20. While your having your Sancerre and vol-au-vent you look through the glass wall to the players lining up then take your seat behind the dugout. The proposed price though was mental, but I guess that've got enough interest to do it.

You can't put a price on a good Sancerre and a well filled vol-au-vent with a crisp base ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.