Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like most people in the stadium in the 70s & 80s we could guess the size of the crowd by within a couple of thousand so when the crowd was announced sometimes at
5-10,000 less than you knew was in there you could here the laughter from the kippax, and see swales rubbing his hands all that cash so easy to loose.that Everton quarter final the kippax was rammed seats all full over 60k in my opinion.

I remember the 5-1 over Charlton when we went up - '85? - never felt the Kippax so full yet I am sure the official attendance was about 45k??? The hand of the late Mr Swales in action again??
I was in the open corner next to the North stand apart from it being rammed in the Kippax it was also impossible to see the steps in the seated areas as people were sat on them. I'd put the crowd at 55k.

The attendance for the Charlton game was officially given at 47,285. Anyone who was there knows that such a figure was absolutely laughable. The official site says that, depending on how the segregation is done, when we face Chelsea in August we may top the 54,478 figure given for the cup tie against Sunderland in February 1973. I believe that both the Everton and Charlton games also attracted more than 54,478 even if the official numbers say otherwise.

I was in the open corner next to the North stand apart from it being rammed in the Kippax it was also impossible to see the steps in the seated areas as people were sat on them. I'd put the crowd at 55k.

ahh - you stood in what we and my mates always called " the cheese " becuase of the shape when viewed from halfway up the Kippax

I knew it as windy corner, used to shelter under the North stand roof overhang when it pissed down looking through that shit green mesh fence......memories

Come on Bluemooners standards are Gerrarding only a couple of blurry screen grabs of the new bits of the stand, where are all our insiders with HD pictures??
Should get an opportunity at the SC AGM in the next few weeks with a bit of luck - don't know the date yet

Should get an opportunity at the SC AGM in the next few weeks with a bit of luck - don't know the date yet
I remember that q/f v Everton in 81,but that game was all ticket,the earlier league cup semi v Liverpool was pay at the gate for the kippax,I didn't get in till half time and that was more packed than Everton,gate-48,045!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.