Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just been watching one of the kids train at the academy. It is truly incredible that city are opening up this facilities to young mancunians. I was stood next to two rag dads praising the place. It has transformed the area

I love it mate. I take my brother to the disability football on a Monday or Tuesday night depending on which one he wants to go to. I'm amazed that it's free to go!

TBH, I think you're getting ADUG & the CFG mixed up, they're two very separate entities. It may be that the reflected kudos from one falls on the other but I don't think they should really (admittedly I may be very wrong :) ).

I see them as one and the same ultimately. City (football) merely being a fantastic marketing platform for ADUG. Anything that increased the exposure of Abu Dhabi (in a positive manner) is good news for ADUG. ADUG really only came about via the City purchase but since then they've invested largely in property. I see them as the 'non football business' side of the same coin, with CFG being the football side. The two are so inextricably linked, I think they are separate entities in name only. ADUG's job is to oversee investments through multiple operating companies, and CFG is one of them. City's success reflects well on Abu Dhabi, and if ADUG's housing investment works out well for all concerned, that will reflect well on City - as the rest of the world isn't making any real distinction between the two businesses. As far as they're concerned, it's all Abu Dhabi money, and it's the same people calling the shots.

Distinct entities they may be, but they not 'very separate' in my eyes. CFG is a holding company under ADUG. To me, that exemplifies a very obvious relationship.

Last edited:
I see them as one and the same ultimately. City (football) merely being a fantastic marketing platform for ADUG. Anything that increased the exposure of Abu Dhabi (in a positive manner) is good news for ADUG. ADUG really only came about via the City purchase but since then they've invested largely in property. I see them as the 'non football business' side of the same coin, with CFG being the football side. The two are so inextricably linked, I think they are separate entities in name only. ADUG's job is to oversee investments through multiple operating companies, and CFG is one of them. City's success reflects well on Abu Dhabi, and if ADUG's housing investment works out well for all concerned, that will reflect well on City - as the rest of the world isn't making any real distinction between the two businesses. As far as they're concerned, it's all Abu Dhabi money, and it's the same people calling the shots.

Distinct entities they may be, but they not 'very separate' in my eyes. CFG is a holding company under ADUG. To me, that exemplifies a very obvious relationship.
Manchester City, and Manchester are very fortunate to have both CFG, and ADUG.

Was driving past yesterday and couldn't help but notice the spires coming from inside the stadium through a gap in the glass panels to the outside of the stadium ! How will they get around this to make it weather proof ?

Excuse the crudity of the photoshop edit. I know the tunnels don't align properly and the roof would be different but it gives a very 'basic' idea. The middle tiers from the Colin bell and east stand obviously sit forwards of the single tier either side which i've tried to achieve.

Last edited:

Definitely agree.

ADUG invested in East Manchester when both local council and UK government had abandoned it as Wastelands.
Etihad invested in sponsoring City mainly to get Sky TV exposure.
Both are entitled to develop their other main / other businesses as well as being connected with the opportunity that involvement with MCFC brings.

I have no doubt that time will bring even more investment opportunity to the developing CFG global approach.

qq05sqf.jpg

I don't get the fascination with the single tier stand or single "second tier" at North Stand people are going on about, think people see Dortmund's atmosphere in their end and get carried away. It isn't the shape of the stand or if on one, two, or three tiers, it's who is in them that creates the atmosphere.

The North Stand is currently a family stand, if you want to create this huge single tier stand you are going to have to move the family stand or it is wasted, but where to? South Stand, which currently has the best atmosphere and away fans? They aint going to put kids next to away fans. They also aint going to stick them on the third tier somewhere, we want to appeal to new generation of fans as much as poss as we have(had) such an aging average age of fans so they aint going to stick them in the gods.

Only real option is to have them in North Stand lower, below the second huge tier, but then the whole point of it in the first place is the atmosphere, so again not really seeing the benefits

I think safe standing would change things, I grew up watching City (born '82) on the old standing Kippax, sitting on the barriers as a kid, getting pushed off when we score and then trying to rush back on quick before other kids took your spot, so totally "get" what people want regards atmosphere, and if there was a standing end I would want to be in it, I just can't see it anytime soon, and without standing and moving of the family stand, I don't really see the benefits.

That said, I have to pinch myself sometimes with where we are nowadays, the Etihad is just amazing as jrb above photo shows, and will get even better, and whatever they decide for the NS I'm sure it will make it an even more impressive stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.