Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall a while ago that development was limited because the electric power supply around the site was inadequate.

Is this still an issue? Can anyone give an update?

The Sheilh has bought a thousand extension leads and the power issue has been resolved!

I recall a while ago that development was limited because the electric power supply around the site was inadequate.

I seem to recall that that was sorted. Then again my memories going so don't take that as gospel.

This isn't an issue as they are building an energy centre as part of the development. The local network will also be more than adequate as it was sized to support the industry that used to be present in the area

Last edited:
Good to see back on this thread GX.
This isn't an issue as they are building an energy centre as part of the development. The local network will also be more than adequate as it was sized to support the industry that used to be present in the area

It's nice to see (via Worsley) that we should hear something about the North Stand expansion this year.

The juggling of the external space also bodes well as they will surely have settled these things with the wider project, including the Collar Site, in mind.

Even though there is quite a lump of space yet to be developed every bit of space needs to be productive but I expect a far more utilitarian wider project than first mooted back in the days for the original 'Vegas' thread.

So plenty of office space and apartments should be announced at some point?

Not sure why everyone listens to fbloke, I live locally and have been to some of the community meetings.. It was mentioned at the last one that.... there were absolutely no plans for the north stand, nor do they expect to make any announcements this year. And that is direct from City. So who do you believe City or tittle tattle fbloke.

Not sure why everyone listens to fbloke, I live locally and have been to some of the community meetings.. It was mentioned at the last one that.... there were absolutely no plans for the north stand, nor do they expect to make any announcements this year. And that is direct from City. So who do you believe City or tittle tattle fbloke.
There absolutely are plans for the North stand and planning permission. And I can't see one single reason not to start work very soon. We'll see.

What I should have said more clearly was .... there are no plans to make any announcements for commencement of work this year........ Yes I know plans have been drawn but there is no intention to build for some considerable time, this was told to us (a room full of local people and business people, and a lady from Manchester City Council on 17th May).

Last edited:
The North stand expansion was shelved as we all know but they want to see at least a couple seasons where it would be justified in going ahead, if the sold out signs are every week it will go ahead.

The North stand expansion was shelved as we all know but they want to see at least a couple seasons where it would be justified in going ahead, if the sold out signs are every week it will go ahead.

You clearly don't know our attendances last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.