Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

How long does it take to do a building these days, in the 1960's they could build a 2,000MW power station in just under 5 years.

This afternoon.

I asked the question.

"Is it still on schedule?"

The reply.

"Which one?"
"It's been a nightmare from day one"

Looking at the arena externally, it seems to be all over the place. Not one of the 4 sides is finished, and there are bits of work to do on all 4 sides, as well as larger and more obvious work to do. The work looks a bit mish-mash externally.

PXL-20231124-144754653-MP.jpg

PXL-20231124-144839422-MP.jpg

PXL-20231124-144908212-MP.jpg

PXL-20231124-144859205-MP.jpg

PXL-20231124-144923973-MP.jpg

PXL-20231124-145203358-MP.jpg

PXL-20231124-145329492-MP.jpg

PXL-20231124-145524512-MP.jpg

PXL-20231124-145652706-MP.jpg
What have the laid the blocks with on the bottom picture.
A catapult?

I noticed screening attached to the metal fence around the other gasometer (near Briscoe Lane) on Saturday with notices regarding demolition. Not sure if they were there before but suggests it won’t be long before it comes down. It will be interesting to see what happens with that land. It would be good to improve the exit route for fans if possible as it’s a pinch point there which adds to traffic delays. Maybe feed some pedestrians through to Broxton Street which is currently barriered off and allow vehicles out at the Briscoe Lane junction like they tried a few years ago.

anyone else notice a set of blue LED lights installed under the roof - around the stadium?
Yeah I noticed them for the first time at the Young Boys game earlier this month. They seemed to use them for effect when we scored a goal and in general play just to give a bit of colour in the stands.

I noticed screening attached to the metal fence around the other gasometer (near Briscoe Lane) on Saturday with notices regarding demolition. Not sure if they were there before but suggests it won’t be long before it comes down. It will be interesting to see what happens with that land. It would be good to improve the exit route for fans if possible as it’s a pinch point there which adds to traffic delays. Maybe feed some pedestrians through to Broxton Street which is currently barriered off and allow vehicles out at the Briscoe Lane junction like they tried a few years ago.
That should have been completed by 01/11/2023 according to the planning portal (134295/DEM/2022).

It's the right hand one on the picture below.

West GH.jpg

anyone else notice a set of blue LED lights installed under the roof - around the stadium?
Noticed them vs Young Boys and now Liverpool. They kept them on in the evening/night after the Liverpool game as I could see them on the train out of Piccadilly around half 6. Looked very impressive and made the stadium really stand out from the train.

Reactions: nmc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.