Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

There will be studies done on the fuck up to open this venue.
The short sightedness is eye watering. The venue will be operating for decades, but capitalism demands that return on investment as the priority.
Thank fuck for the safety folk. The only hand brake to haul the shit show to a halt.
I bet Harry styles is crying into his flared shirt collar over all this.
When you have accountants running companies this is the consequence.

Just look at the state of the Boeing aircraft company, once a great engineering company, now a shambles.

But what the hell were Oakview thinking is opening this venue when it's so far off completion?

When you have accountants running companies this is the consequence.

Just look at the state of the Boeing aircraft company, once a great engineering company, now a shambles.

But what the hell were Oakview thinking is opening this venue when it's so far off completion?

And CFG/City. CFG/City are 50% joint partners in the arena. CFG/City are as much to blame as OVG. Don’t put all of the blame on OVG. It was a joint decision fuelled by getting money back as fast as possible, that’s what it boiled down to, and it’s massively back fired and has cost OVG and CFG/City more lost money.

And CFG/City. CFG/City are 50% joint partners in the arena. CFG/City are as much to blame as OVG. Don’t put all of the blame on OVG. It was a joint decision fuelled by getting money back as fast as possible, that’s what it boiled down to, and it’s massively back fired and has cost OVG and CFG/City more lost money.
May well be, I am not sure what our day to day involvement with the arena is.

But our name is involved so it's looks terrible on our part.

For me ALL concerts should be cancelled whatever the costs, get this venue finished and up to standard then open and open in style.

May well be, I am not sure what our day to day involvement with the arena is.

But our name is involved so it's looks terrible on our part.

For me ALL concerts should be cancelled whatever the costs, get this venue finished and up to standard then open and open in style.

It would have been a joint decisions, mate.

As you say, one of both of them should have gone public, said the arena is weeks if not months behind schedule, and won’t open until it’s fully completed, signed off, and only then will a test event take place, with other concerts starting after the test event

There will be studies done on the fuck up to open this venue.
The short sightedness is eye watering. The venue will be operating for decades, but capitalism demands that return on investment as the priority.
Thank fuck for the safety folk. The only hand brake to haul the shit show to a halt.
I bet Harry styles is crying into his flared shirt collar over all this.
That’s a bit of an overreaction. There will be a 3 week delay opening the Arena and a handful of gigs postponed or rearranged.

The last minute cancellations were embarrassing but will all be forgotten once it’s up and running and punters see how good the gig experience in the bowl is.

The media reaction has been well over the top. It’s been delayed like most other big projects. Spurs stadium was delayed for months and had chaotic problems - will they be doing studies on that ? Of course not as they have eventually opened one of the world’s best stadiums.

I hope Oak View are looking into why the media reaction was so toxic. Defo a smear campaign in operation. There are loads of Bots on Twitter making snide comments. All similar - joined Twitter 2 weeks ago and almost every post is a snide comment about the Co-Op.

Last year Brixton Academy venue had 2 deaths caused by poor security and facilities. They were closed for 6 months after their licence was revoked. They had a fraction of the negative publicity Co Op Live have had this week for postponing a few shows.

It’s easy for everybody to say they should wait for it to be finished to open. But when completion dates change but bands book tours months - even years in advance they have had to set a date when it was hoped to get there.

All that said - they haven’t helped themselves with shoddy PR responding to the escalating problems. But it will be much better once it’s open and people see the most important thing - which is how great the bands sound once in there.

Last edited:
It would have been a joint decisions, mate.

As you say, one of both of them should have gone public, said the arena is weeks if not months behind schedule, and won’t open until it’s fully completed, signed off, and only then will a test event take place, with other concerts starting after the test event
The temporary tarmac around the arena sums up the job for me, a total shambles.

If I had got the *ickeys to do that job outside my garage I would be angry.

The customers are paying a fortune to go to this arena and it looks like a building site and very poorly finished, you recently showed pictures of the "development" at anfield, that looked shocking and this looks the same.

The temporary tarmac around the arena sums up the job for me, a total shambles.

If I had got the *ickeys to do that job outside my garage I would be angry.

The customers are paying a fortune to go to this arena and it looks like a building site and very poorly finished, you recently showed pictures of the "development" at anfield, that looked shocking and this looks the same.
It is a building site, temporary is a clue,at least wait until it's finished.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.