Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It’s great.

But it’s cost Levy and Spurs £800mill to build. Add interest, the fluctuating currency markets(look at the Glazer’s and United’s debt), the uncertainty of Brexit, etc, and Spurs could be saddled with £1bill worth of debt.

Compare and contrast that to the Etihad. 1 stand left to redevelop, a bigger capacity, and £4mill a season to the city council.

Family Stand in the 49th minute yesterday. Many didn’t return for the 2nd half due to the rain.

Perhaps it is for the best that it is moved.

4529-CFD1-8-BD6-48-AE-A824-61-F48-C76-BB38.jpg
There’s never been the need to have a Family Stand. It’s been full three times (each time we’ve lifted the Prem trophy) in all the years it’s been going.

All the kids need is about three or four blocks somewhere in the stadium, not a full stand.

How hygienic are these? The bottom of the old glass, which could have germs on, gets transferred to the delivery device. Do they have some way of handling this?

There is a lip around the bottom so the magnet doesn't touch the surface, and its a new pint pot each time (or should be). They are as hygienic as any other plastic pint pot.

The only issue I've found with them is people know that if you push the magnet up from the bottom, you lose your pint - so you spend the night defending it which is a pain in the arse.

Think they're charging £4 a pint which is pretty reasonable in London.

There’s never been the need to have a Family Stand. It’s been full three times (each time we’ve lifted the Prem trophy) in all the years it’s been going.

All the kids need is about three or four blocks somewhere in the stadium, not a full stand.

I can see us there, my three are 9, 7 and 4 and barely saw a minute of the game as they were hiding in their coats as that freezing rain came in directly at them, I can’t blame anyone with kids if they watched from the concourse.

To be fair, the South stand third tier was equally sparse from kick off against Everton though.

With the extension of the north stand will the club be increasing away fans allocations in the south stand?

Probably still queuing for a hot drink.

I went into the concourse at half time to get warm and the queues for refreshments were enormous when the 2nd half kicked off.

There were still some spaces in the Family Stand though when people returned and that bothers me more. I suspect that the no shows are not seasoncard holders (otherwise they'd be evenly spread over the whole stadium) but concessions not showing up.

You’ll be surprised at the number of seasoncard holders that swerve games in the family stand. A lot do.

I sit in the family stand with two of my three children. I dont dispute what you are saying. But it is interesting but I don't think there are actually that many kids that sit there. My guess is probably about 15-20%

I sit in the family stand with two of my three children. I dont dispute what you are saying. But it is interesting but I don't think there are actually that many kids that sit there. My guess is probably about 15-20%

I’d agree. Increasingly more adults with no kids occupy the area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.