Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I guess it would be hard for City to get involved in any trial.

We want the Safe Standing and ‘home end’ to be where the Family Stand currently is.

Might make people not want to move if the option is already available in the South end of the stadium.

I assume that if the NS expansion is starting this summer then a decision has been made by the club on the design (two tiers or a like for like SS design), capacity etc? I wonder how they will offer tickets in the new stand - to existing seasoncard holders first and then to people on the waiting list like with the expanded SS. I was one of the thousands that relocated into SS3 & I reckon the club would have been shocked at the numbers.

The problem for the club if they offer current seasoncard holders first dibs is that most will go for a cheaper option than they are currently paying (I went from £700 in ES3 to £380 in SS3). This then means they need thousands of new SC holders paying higher prices than they were hoping to. If they don't offer current SC holders first crack at the new stand then that won't go down well at all. I doubt I would move as I have a great seat at a great price but the only downside is being moved for domestic cup games.

I assume that if the NS expansion is starting this summer then a decision has been made by the club on the design (two tiers or a like for like SS design), capacity etc? I wonder how they will offer tickets in the new stand - to existing seasoncard holders first and then to people on the waiting list like with the expanded SS. I was one of the thousands that relocated into SS3 & I reckon the club would have been shocked at the numbers.

The problem for the club if they offer current seasoncard holders first dibs is that most will go for a cheaper option than they are currently paying (I went from £700 in ES3 to £380 in SS3). This then means they need thousands of new SC holders paying higher prices than they were hoping to. If they don't offer current SC holders first crack at the new stand then that won't go down well at all. I doubt I would move as I have a great seat at a great price but the only downside is being moved for domestic cup games.

Good Post - if 5k @£300/400 become available and everyone relocates into those...that'll leave a gap of 5k at £600-700 average STs around the ground, hard to see those being immediately filled by those off the waiting lists in the short term. I suppose it would free up premium view seats for day trippers but also leave gaps for those awkward fixtures. If for example i moved up there, i would likely be paying half i would i am in ES1 but if 5k do this, would they immediately plug the gaps?

I guess it would be hard for City to get involved in any trial.

We want the Safe Standing and ‘home end’ to be where the Family Stand currently is.

Might make people not want to move if the option is already available in the South end of the stadium.

Have you heard any more as to whether this is going ahead this Summer?

I haven't seen any 'official' updates since the last round of consultation. At that point, I don't think a final sign-off had been made?

League and Cup crowds demonstrate demand is there. I don't know what the proportion of season ticket holders who went against Burnley, but from my block i'd estimate it to be very low which means that City are attracting a lot of new fans to the club at the moment. Not surprising.

Have you heard any more as to whether this is going ahead this Summer?

I haven't seen any 'official' updates since the last round of consultation. At that point, I don't think a final sign-off had been made?

League and Cup crowds demonstrate demand is there. I don't know what the proportion of season ticket holders who went against Burnley, but from my block i'd estimate it to be very low which means that City are attracting a lot of new fans to the club at the moment. Not surprising.

Only way it could be ready for the season after next is if they start in the next few months.

They started the South Stand February 2014 and it was then just about finished for August 2015.

If we don’t hear anything soon then I’d imagine we might not hear any official plans until summer/Autumn for work to start early 2020 with completion Summer 2021.

Only way it could be ready for the season after next is if they start in the next few months.

They started the South Stand February 2014 and it was then just about finished for August 2015.

If we don’t hear anything soon then I’d imagine we might not hear any official plans until summer/Autumn for work to start early 2020 with completion Summer 2021.
You're right about the season after next, though they could start this summer autumn and give themselves an extra 4 or 6 months so there is no pressure to move games at the start of 21 /22, they might need the extra time to make it 2 tier and to include the covered supporters / city square area touted.

That would only work if it was a like for like with the SS expansion ie a third tier being added. I'm sure it has been said that if it's a two tier option then they would need two full seasons / three summer breaks to complete it.

That would only work if it was a like for like with the SS expansion ie a third tier being added. I'm sure it has been said that if it's a two tier option then they would need two full seasons / three summer breaks to complete it.

It’ll be built in the exact same way no matter what the configuration is.

They’ll build from behind and then in the final summer take off the old roof and then join things up.

Having 2 tiers instead of 3 actually makes things less complicated for the most part, so don’t think that needing 2 full seasons comment that appeared was accurate.

Liverpool added 2 tiers to their main stand in one full season but just needed to open it in the September rather than August. That was a much bigger job than our North or South Stand developments.

Last edited:
I have a feeling this ship might have sailed. The financial outlay would never be recouped and if safe standing is inbound then any perceived requirement for extra capacity could be satisfied there. I think if there was genuine desire to have done the expansion, then it would have followed on from the SS3, ensuring quotes were as cheap as could be for a larger single build, whilst all staff were kept on site. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

I have a feeling this ship might have sailed. The financial outlay would never be recouped and if safe standing is inbound then any perceived requirement for extra capacity could be satisfied there. I think if there was genuine desire to have done the expansion, then it would have followed on from the SS3, ensuring quotes were as cheap as could be for a larger single build, whilst all staff were kept on site. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

Glad to say you are 100% wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.