Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Danamy, 12 Jun 2017.

1. chesterbells

chesterbells

Varies beforehand, but afterwards I’ll nearly always walk into town then get the tram out to Alty from there.

2. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Wembley Way can be packed, side to side full of people and going back hundreds of yards. But the flow of getting them on a tube is quicker than the small [in comparison] queue post-game trying to get a Met at the Etihad.

I’d bet it’s three times the amount of people in half the time.

3. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

That’s when it’s a problem.

If you’re going to a pub in Town, I reckon by the time you get there it’s actually a 30 minute walk and in the rain you can be soaked and not actually feel like going in the pub.

4. gkmcfc

gkmcfc

Trains are every 10 mins to various locations towards and away from the city. Same with the underground and of course they’re larger capacity. City have to work better with Metrolink for a higher frequency of trams

5. gkmcfc

gkmcfc

Me too. You can barely get two seats together for league games which is no good at all

6. Mada-MCFC-adaM

Mada-MCFC-adaM

I walk to and from Oxford Road Station, and what I like about it is you can make numerous different turns here and there to change the route slightly, or join the canal at different places, so it doesn't get too samey samey.

If the weather is gash, then I'll sometimes jump on the bus to and from Piccadilly Gardens, which is handy as I'm sat in the South Stand, but I much prefer walking.

GOULDYBOBS likes this.
  7. UUJblue

UUJblue

8. keith's curle

keith's curle

Why are the colours of the FA blue and white? That makes no sense, they should be red and white to reflect the English flag. I couldn't understand the blue kit England started wearing a few seasons back either for the same reason.

That said, I don't like the red seats in Wembley either, too 'loud' a colour, white would be better.

9. Marvin

Marvin

I came
    Get the bus then. No. 216. Loads lined up on Ashton New Rs. £2. 10 mins in, 15 mins out.

10. nmc

nmc

Dunno why the FAs colours are blue and white but there’s no rule that a nations kit should reflect their flag. Italy play in the colours of their former Royal family - and Germany don’t play in Yellow, red and black. Personally I like the classic 1960’s England kit of white shirt, navy shorts and white socks - the modern versions of it have been awful.