Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I wonder if they'll view this as the best time to do it. If a vaccine is at best going to be next year then even if they start a new season this autumn it will be either behind closed doors or very restricted, definitely no away fans that's for sure. Likely to be no fans until Autumn 2021 and even if there is a possibility earlier, there will be many that sadly choose not to return for obvious reasons so plenty of room elsewhere.

I'd gamble and go for it now, personally, if I was a multi-billionaire that is. Possibly start the roof replacement on the other stands if not the North Stand. Whatever they decide, new jobs in the area would be a bonus.
I don't get the desire to extend it, there is no need to. At least half of the time we've got loads of spare seats. If the seats have been sold but people don't turn up, we need to fix that problem first, especially if you expect demand to fall in the short and medium term. How many of the "tourists" are going to be able to, or want to travel.

New jobs will be brought about by the arena. Hopefully that can attract more bar and restaurants to the area too.

Also, have you seen the price of oil recently?

I don't get the desire to extend it, there is no need to. At least half of the time we've got loads of spare seats. If the seats have been sold but people don't turn up, we need to fix that problem first, especially if you expect demand to fall in the short and medium term. How many of the "tourists" are going to be able to, or want to travel.

New jobs will be brought about by the arena. Hopefully that can attract more bar and restaurants to the area too.

Also, have you seen the price of oil recently?
Very valid points and I agree from a personal perspective, an expanded stadium is just bragging rights, really. I'd be more than happy for the bits that don't work now be fixed (eg the roofs, the blue lights, the paint on Joe Mercer Way).

The management though are probably looking at how the club stands globally, as the primary club in the CFG, and the stadium needs to be able to stand alongside the stadia of the other teams at the level we now compete as that can be a factor in how we are viewed from afar and the sponsorship deals we attract. The easiest fix is raising the capacity to UEFA CL Final standards and I think they'll go with that eventually.

Still think we should buy Asda. Put a new state of the art stadium on that site then build a 21st century Belle Vue gardens with interactive all year round rides on the present stadium / collar site.

And mickey mouse walking around shaking hands before a match.

would it not be a possible idea to expand the north stand while there is more of a chance to do it? yes i realise it will be a long time before the stadium will be allowed full capacity again but the club want a stadium that could possibly host major finals etc and get the north stand done (hopefully single blue wall stand) and sort the corners out etc while no fans at all are allowed? The economy has taken a hit but lets not be kidded that the ADUG arent still minted beyond belief!

To quote Richards 30 ,suggested this at the start of the CV out break.Slapped down (no construction workers),yet the Other place across the city managed to get the Safe Standing fixed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.