Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It isn’t thousands, and its the seats everyone complained about when they put them in a couple of years ago, they are also the last seats avilable for matchday buyers because we try and get tickets anywhere but those front rows , so they would be the last to be sold for games
The sad reality is that enough Blues have gone to the Kippax in the Sky (over the last 18 months) to relocate Blues from the first 3 rows without too much trouble. Yes people would have their preferred and cheaper seats but City are easing the pain with matched ticket prices for relocated fans (for a time).

I would have loved the lads who have been in contract negotiations to say I’m happy with my current wages but the fact is our best players want more money. Wages are our biggest expense so that’s the main reason for the bigger advert displays. That and fans demanding Kane or Haaland

It isn’t thousands, and its the seats everyone complained about when they put them in a couple of years ago, they are also the last seats avilable for matchday buyers because we try and get tickets anywhere but those front rows , so they would be the last to be sold for games

wasn’t 100% sure on the number, but it’s not a small amount.

you say everyone complained about it? Plenty of people liked those seats. One of the main reasons being that they were cheaper.
I also sat right behind the front rows in the east stand and knew plenty of people who moved there, lots of parents who wanted their kids to be close to the pitch.

it’s another case of forcing people out of their seats to make a bit more money. Same thing has happened elsewhere on the ground.

Last edited:

you say everyone complained about it? Plenty of people liked those seats. One of the main reasons being that they were cheaper.
I also sat right behind the front rows in the east stand and knew plenty of people who moved there, lots of parents who wanted their kids to be close to the pitch.

it’s another case of forcing people out of their seats to make a bit more money. Same thing has happened elsewhere on the ground.
Maybe so and I would have preferred the seats to have been kept. That said, we did lose £126mil last year and have just given KDB a £6mil pay rise. We’ve done well in the League and the Champs League but somebody has to take tough decisions to balance the books.

The sad reality is that enough Blues have gone to the Kippax in the Sky (over the last 18 months) to relocate Blues from the first 3 rows without too much trouble. Yes people would have their preferred and cheaper seats but City are easing the pain with matched ticket prices for relocated fans (for a time).

I would have loved the lads who have been in contract negotiations to say I’m happy with my current wages but the fact is our best players want more money. Wages are our biggest expense so that’s the main reason for the bigger advert displays. That and fans demanding Kane or Haaland
Not a surprise that this has happened this season due to the loss of revenue over the past season and a half due to covid ! But think extending the North Stand should become a priority now an extra 6k seats then all this moaning about the crap seats the best seats can stop ! Fat chance of that happening with some folk

Well they part own it AND it is leasehold, almost certainly with obligations for one party or both to keep in good repair.

Is that so.

Good repair differs from general tattyness though, I don't think the place is going to fall down but the old gal is not looking her best.

Just circa 1,100 seats removed.

130583/DEM/2021 | Prior Approval for the demolition of gasholder and associated redundant infrastructure. | Former Saxon Street Gasworks Saxon Street Manchester

1623853421499.jpeg

B42-B8706-4039-44-FB-994-C-D6-D18-E7-DB82-F.png

130583/DEM/2021 | Prior Approval for the demolition of gasholder and associated redundant infrastructure. | Former Saxon Street Gasworks Saxon Street Manchester

View attachment 19351

We had a gas holder here in Boston demolished a few years ago and, apparently, the ground is highly toxic and it is still being monitored now, probably, 20 years later. Arsenic and cyanide have both been mentioned.

View attachment 19351

That's the one to the West of the Blue carpark, is there any chatter about the one to the North of the carparks? I'm presuming it's still there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.