Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

This must be a common problem at all grounds and doesn't help with the argument for reducing matchday prices when others can pick and choose when to turn up. The fanbase has a whole range of people wanting to attend, some can only afford £15 a game (value gold), up to others willing to pay £100 a game (lowest premium) for just a padded seat away from the hoi polloi. The club cannot reduce prices because those not bothered about the cost will be more likely not to attend, after all pretty much every game is on TV.

I've sometimes thought that clubs should do away with season tickets, and that you put a deposit down, say £95 (19 x £5), just to guarantee an advanced slot to buy your seat. Then sell the tickets and if you miss your deadline, lose your chance to reserve your seat, and the £5 discount. As you buy tickets, the more continuously attended matches attract an additional growing loyalty discount. Miss a match and your next discount is reduced a little.

I suggested a similar scheme to the club in the early days of City Matters. The world and football season has changed and people can't commit in the same way they could when most or every game was at 3pm on Saturday.
That's a very good idea. I'd prefer to commit to a seasoncard as currently but this as an additional option would work for a lot of people.

I suppose it's a financial balancing act for the club. Currently the 44k or so seasoncard holders have paid for their seats for all home league games. If you had thousands not claiming their seats for a rearranged mid week game against Burnley for instance there probably wouldn't be huge demand for them.

Will post the drone video when I remember the site.

Screen grabbed from the drone video.

Pre-arena start.

6711-A230-6-F32-4-B34-A604-18140-BC03988.jpg

7-BCDDB60-D16-B-4859-907-D-5070-B39-C555-C.jpg

AEC7-EEE2-FB7-F-4-DB8-B2-C8-D38-C15-F700-F6.jpg
Fantastic pics JRB

I suggested a similar scheme to the club in the early days of City Matters. The world and football season has changed and people can't commit in the same way they could when most or every game was at 3pm on Saturday.
What about the majority of the 44000 season card holders that can atttend every league game ?? Make them have to buy a ticket for every individual league game because some seasoncard holders would like to pick and choose ?

The club have set up a resale option - and even let you pay monthly by direct debit . Seriously what more do people expect ?

If supporters want to pick and choose games they can attend and can’t be arsed using the resale service they shouldn’t buy a seasoncard and stick to buying individual tickets.

What about the majority of the 44000 season card holders that can atttend every league game ?? Make them have to buy a ticket for every individual league game because some seasoncard holders would like to pick and choose ?

The club have set up a resale option - and even let you pay monthly by direct debit . Seriously what more do people expect ?

If supporters want to pick and choose games they can attend and can’t be arsed using the resale service they shouldn’t buy a seasoncard and stick to buying individual tickets.
Why do you think we often have thousands of empty seats? Why do you think the club is saying they'll not automatically renew tickets that don't attend x number of games?

People don't put their tickets on the exchange, that's the problem. I've seen the numbers and they're pretty bad. Absolutely shocking for some games and that is seasoncard holders not turning up and not listing their tickets. Kids generally can't make midweek games in term-time. Why should they not have seasoncards?

If you don't want empty seats then you have to do something a bit more innovative or radical. Why should someone who lives down south, or in Scotland, be barred from buying a seasoncard just because they can't make midweek games? They want to sit with family, friends or the seats they've sat in for 20 years, with people they may have even sat with at Maine Road.

Typical 'I'm alright Jack attitude'.

Last edited:
I personally hate the 8pm midweek games, and the late Saturday ones.

Why do you think we often have thousands of empty seats? Why do you think the club is saying they'll not automatically renew tickets that don't attend x number of games?

People don't put their tickets on the exchange, that's the problem. I've seen the numbers and they're pretty bad. Absolutely shocking for some games and that is seasoncard holders not turning up and not listing their tickets. Kids generally can't make midweek games in term-time. Why should they not have seasoncards?

If you don't want empty seats then you have to do something a bit more innovative or radical. Why should someone who lives down south, or in Scotland, be barred from buying a seasoncard just because they can't make midweek games? They want to sit with family, friends or the seats they've sat in for 20 years, with people they may have even sat with at Maine Road.

I personally hate the 8pm midweek games, and the late Saturday ones.

The

The majority of seasoncard holders attend every ( or nearly every ) game. Are you seriously City should operate different to every other club in the country and stop selling season cards due to a couple of thousand supporters who can’t make midweek games or supporters that pick and choose the big games.

In my opinion we should use the same system that German clubs use, if don’t attend or your card is not used for more than a third of games you lose the opportunity to renew.

But dearie me, are you seriously proposing to complicate matters for tens of thousands of seasoncard holders that attend every game who would have to buy a ticket for every individual game just to appease the long distance fans that can’t go midweek ??? Never mind the logistics of the club having to sell 50k seats for every individual game, all just to fill a few empty seats for supporters to lazy to use the resale site.

Mind boggling lunacy.

The majority of seasoncard holders attend every ( or nearly every ) game. Are you seriously City should operate different to every other club in the country and stop selling season cards due to a couple of thousand supporters who can’t make midweek games or supporters that pick and choose the big games.

In my opinion we should use the same system that German clubs use, if don’t attend or your card is not used for more than a third of games you lose the opportunity to renew.

But dearie me, are you seriously proposing to complicate matters for tens of thousands of seasoncard holders that attend every game who would have to buy a ticket for every individual game just to appease the long distance fans that can’t go midweek ??? Never mind the logistics of the club having to sell 50k seats for every individual game, all just to fill a few empty seats for supporters to lazy to use the resale site.

Mind boggling lunacy.
Lol

Mind boggling lunacy.
I'm not advocating stopping selling seasoncards. I'm advocating managing them differently so rather than a presumption that a seasoncard holder is going to turn up, they have to say they're going to turn up. If they confirm they're not, or don't conform they are, within 3 weeks of a game then their ticket is made available to Matchday members. That way people can pick and choose but the club know what seats are available well enough in advance to be able to have a chance of selling them.

I'd also find a way of rewarding those who do turn up, so the more you attend, the less your ticket costs pro-rata compared to someone who only turns up to fewer games.

I'm not advocating stopping selling seasoncards. I'm advocating managing them differently so rather than a presumption that a seasoncard holder is going to turn up, they have to say they're going to turn up. If they confirm they're not, or don't conform they are, within 3 weeks of a game then their ticket is made available to Matchday members. That way people can pick and choose but the club know what seats are available well enough in advance to be able to have a chance of selling them.

I'd also find a way of rewarding those who do turn up, so the more you attend, the less your ticket costs pro-rata compared to someone who only turns up to fewer games.

3 fucking weeks? A lot fucking happens in that time. Bollocks move. You have to confirm 3 weeks before but TV companies or Covid can move the kick-off time whenever they fucking like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.