Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Not good for fans with everything squeezed into a the minimum space like Old Trafford. I was expecting a modern stadium with good facilities and space standards and was very disappointed.

Also a ball ache to get in compared to what it used to be like. It would be difficult to know what it is like without visiting.

From the videos I’ve seen of the home end, it might just be the away section which is how you describe.

Balls to them!

What do they need a roof for in spain?

The sh1thole will still be half empty for the games against..
Alaves/Cadiz/Elche/Getafe/Granada/Osasuna/Rayo Vallecano etc….
but come Champions League & Barcelona games the camera’s will spend half the time panning around the ground.

Give me a half empty family stand, a 20min queue for flat piss-poor lager in a plastic beaker, people trying to have a piss in the smoking area and a 45min wait for the tram in the rain anyday rather than this shite at Madrid.
And i bet the c@nt’s will run out of chips just like us

I’m not jealous :-)

Real have spent £500m on their stadium development. Not 1 extra seat added but lots of additional corporate features ( and looks great from the outside ).

This is one of the reasons Real are goosed financially. They can’t sign players and were praying on the super league happening to bail them out. It’s the reason they are still clinging to it.

It’s all about keeping up with the Jones’s for Madrid. They saw Atlético move into the Wanda and felt their noses put out of joint. They wanted the best stadium in the world and are getting it. The pitch drops into a pit in layers dug into the side of the main stand and voila! The stadium is transformed into a huge arena for concerts etc.

He said the fan that sent the question in was right to draw his attention to it.

Trouble is it’s a cost rather than investment.

Top stadia like Spurs‘ are like the Trafford Centre inside and have an eye on the future.
Was designed like that for the common wealth games to reflect the industrial area it once was ! The fact is we need to smarten it up with some exterior cladding and glass!

Real have spent £500m on their stadium development. Not 1 extra seat added but lots of additional corporate features ( and looks great from the outside ).

This is one of the reasons Real are goosed financially. They can’t sign players and were praying on the super league happening to bail them out. It’s the reason they are still clinging to it.
Most of the costs roof apart have gone on building a hotel, retail and leisure facilities , they are looking at bringing in revenue from outside football.

Like ourselves with the Concert Venue and the eventual development of the area around the stadium and adjacent to it.

Most of the costs roof apart have gone on building a hotel, retail and leisure facilities , they are looking at bringing in revenue from outside football.

Like ourselves with the Concert Venue and the eventual development of the area around the stadium and adjacent to it.

How exactly will City benefit from the Concert revenue . ?
Not clear on that.
Is it sale of land, partnership, parking, ?

How exactly will City benefit from the Concert revenue . ?
Not clear on that.
Is it sale of land, partnership, parking, ?
The CFG rather than City directly, they've taken on half of the build costs now with Oakview so are (presumably) 50% partners. I think we get a lease fee from the land as well? It's also about footfall on the campus long term when hotels etc get built.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.