Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Just to lighten the mood a little. :-)

1628696996388.jpeg
City Square - Free Free Free Free Free Free Free Free Free Free Free Free

I wouldn't mind, but the Little Greene Paint Company has recently opened up around the corner from the Etihad.

1628698110512.jpeg

They also do blue paint.

Last edited:
And you were not having to find 50 quid for a ticket.You’re not buying a ticket for the outside of the ground, which is better than most clubs have , I buy it for whats inside. If some pictures of scruffy paintwork bother hou, I’m sorry, I’m yet to go to a game and hear fans saying ooh that bit of paintwork there needs a touch up, have you see that rust patch. Never cease to be amazed at what some posters find to be annoyed and whine about.

Your not allowed to say or think that.

We can spend 100s of millions on players/wages but have no right to want our stadium exterior and surrounding area looking smart and tidy and suitable for the Champions of England.

The club should be ashamed at how they have let the area decline and you qite correct it would not have happened under Garrrys watch!
‘Would not have happened on Garry’s watch’ !!!

Great point. I mean I know Garry was sacked in disgrace from City for sending a grossly offensive email about the seriously ill mother of a first team player, but he would NEVER let the flowers die in pots outside the stadium 10 days before the first game of the season after a 18 month pandemic.

‘Would not have happened on Garry’s watch’ !!!

Great point. I mean I know Garry was sacked in disgrace from City for sending a grossly offensive email about the seriously ill mother of a first team player, but he would NEVER let the flowers die in pots outside the stadium 10 days before the first game of the season after a 18 month pandemic.
Garrry was not sacked in disgrace and continued to work for the Sheik for some time.

He in my humble opinion was an outstanding CEO who understood the club and the fans, unlike the present incumbent.

just to give some context the entire external works package for the stadium was £10m pound - lets say £30 in todays money. Comparable chicken feed to transform the area. City square looks absolutely grim. Am i allowed to say Gary Cooke would not have let this happen?

A side point but I actually saw Gary Cook having a pint with his mate in Summerbees a couple of seasons ago! I had to do a double take.

Was deffo him, he had one of the vip pass lanyard things etc.

Was nice to see that he still cares about City and obvs comes to the odd game.

I think it was during the centurions season.

Pretty shocking when you see the state of the surrounding area and no way can the club be unaware of it. Only thing i can really think is they have a plan to either start the NS expansion next year or with the nearing completion of the arena in a year or so they plan to fully renovate the whole city square area with something that fits with the arena.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.