Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The wait for the development of the Collar site (frustratingly) continues.

131707/LE/2021 | Certificate of Lawful Development for the Existing use of land as surface car parking associated with events taking place at the Etihad Campus |Land Around Etihad Stadium Ashton New Road Manchester M11 3FF

C1-B94-B0-C-CA69-495-B-B9-AD-E836-CACBC306.png

09-A20-B5-A-C301-41-D4-A161-58-A5-E923-B277.png

Planning was granted for the North Stand expansion in 2014.(along with the South Stand) Don't remember that. Trying to rack my brains on that one. I'll have to have a look at the Planning appliction, if it's still online? See below.

2-AF9-BA61-BEF7-41-A5-B3-E1-604706406-DEF.png

City do have a Traffic and Transport Manager.

7499035-C-656-F-4062-AB64-99-A8-EB506716.png

E88-A94-B4-E016-4-EDB-8-BFF-1-F988-F4341-F9.png

What may be interesting is a Certificate of Lawful existing use might be needed before you can apply for a "change of use" for particular land.
The former is to cognify the existing usage in legal terms, often employed for structures built without planning permission when such works are not "permitted development"

See the Planning Portal (Planning Bible) https://ecab.planningportal.co.uk/u...ance_note-lawful_development_certificates.pdf

Application for a Lawful Development Certificate for an Existing use, Proposed use, or Operation or Activity in Breach of a Planning Condition

An application for a Lawful Development Certificate form should be used to establish whether:
  • an existing use of land, or some operational development, or some activity in breach of a planning condition, is lawful
  • a proposed use of buildings or other land, or some operations proposed to be carried out in, on, over, or under land, would be lawful
  • Examples when an application for a Lawful Development Certificate should be made include
    • when planning enforcement action is taken by the local planning authority and the owner believes it is immune from action because the time limit for taking enforcement action has passed (see below)
    • when an owner discovers, in the course of a sale of the land, that planning permission has never been granted, and needs to show a prospective purchaser that no enforcement action can be taken by the local planning authority
    • An application for a Lawful Development Certificate is also sometimes used in cases involving intensification of use or where the precise nature of the existing use is difficult to describe, such as:
      • secondary uses​
      • mixed uses​
      • intensification​
      • sub-division of the planning unit​

Of course it might be one of the above and not a change of use requirement in the future.

Reactions: jrb
The wait for the development of the Collar site (frustratingly) continues.

131707/LE/2021 | Certificate of Lawful Development for the Existing use of land as surface car parking associated with events taking place at the Etihad Campus |Land Around Etihad Stadium Ashton New Road Manchester M11 3FF

C1-B94-B0-C-CA69-495-B-B9-AD-E836-CACBC306.png

09-A20-B5-A-C301-41-D4-A161-58-A5-E923-B277.png

Planning was granted for the North Stand expansion in 2014.(along with the South Stand) Don't remember that. Trying to rack my brains on that one. I'll have to have a look at the Planning appliction, if it's still online? See below.

2-AF9-BA61-BEF7-41-A5-B3-E1-604706406-DEF.png

City do have a Traffic and Transport Manager.

7499035-C-656-F-4062-AB64-99-A8-EB506716.png

E88-A94-B4-E016-4-EDB-8-BFF-1-F988-F4341-F9.png

What a waste!

The original version of this thread started back in 2009 and was all about that land behind the East Stand.

What’s been discussed over the years about that strip of land has been anything from really exciting to pie-in-the-sky, but to see no plans to do anything with it still 13 years after the takeover and ongoing is disappointing.

What a waste!

The original version of this thread started back in 2009 and was all about that land behind the East Stand.

What’s been discussed over the years about that strip of land has been anything from really exciting to pie-in-the-sky, but to see no plans to do anything with it still 13 years after the takeover and ongoing is disappointing.
So when are they expanding the stadium? Just asking.

You know what I couldnt give a shit about transport problems that everyone spouts on here but what I really would like is a 90,000 capacity stadium that’s the wonder of the world. And I’m pretty sure that’s what all our fans want. Stop this shit we won’t fill it crap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.