Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

the geology of Manchester makes it difficult to bore tunnels There is also a network of tunnels and basements built by the Victorians the cost would be prohibitive
There was a plan / understanding that they were going to build an underground station at Piccadilly and then they changed their mind. I doubt that was down to the geology.

What aspect of the geology makes it difficult? From what I can remember manchester is covered by glacial till deposits. There's a huge basalt erratic that is the quadrangle of the University of Manchester which was carried down from the Lake District and discovered in construction. Then of course there's coal measures. Whatever problems there are haven't stopped them building mines, underground canals or foundations for the towers and they started work on the Piccadilly to Victoria underground.

Does anyone think it's a bit strange that there's been no update on Serg's statue? I'm not going to 2nd guess a reason, but it is strange.

No?

Kompany and Silva left in June 2019 and 2020 and got statues put up in September 2021.

The club said Sergio's would be put up in 2022, how many updates are you expecting?

Thanks.

Didn't know that.

No need to be funny, ah!

No?

Kompany and Silva left in June 2019 and 2020 and got statues put up in September 2021.

The club said Sergio's would be put up in 2022, how many updates are you expecting?
Patience isn't a City trait. I'm still waiting for Danny Mills to leave the fitness bench and McManamanamanaman to make a forwards pass.

If anyone wants to follow the construction of the Coop Live Arena?

New brand partner announced.

Webcam is live!

Click on link below and scroll to the bottom of the page

Some rain droplets or dirt obscuring the view atm, but they should eventually clear up.

19th November.(Twitter post)

5-E312987-0-CAD-4729-B069-A1-B2-D1-BC543-C.jpg

Today.(screen grab)

66-B11990-B44-C-4-E83-B598-8-AE498957-F7-F.jpg

If anyone wants to follow the construction of the Coop Live Arena?

New brand partner announced.

Webcam is live!

Click on link below and scroll to the bottom of the page

Some rain droplets or dirt obscuring the view atm, but they should eventually clear up.

19th November.(Twitter post)

5-E312987-0-CAD-4729-B069-A1-B2-D1-BC543-C.jpg

Today.(screen grab)

66-B11990-B44-C-4-E83-B598-8-AE498957-F7-F.jpg

I wonder if city will kick on with some improvements around City square to coincide with this Arena opening..or wait until they develop the Whole stand.. as earlier discussed i think when they build the 3rd tier on this side they might incorporate city square into the stadium with bars and the shop..

Is there any food or drink inside the arena that could be open on matchday or could something be built to the bottom left where they have their offices and cabins? does city own that land?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.