Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Bah. I've been trying so hard to make it stack up in my own mind and you have to come inand wreck it with your cold, hard reality. ;)

EDIT - And a question for you, @two tone blue given that you obviously know far more about this than I do. I once heard that there'd been an idea to reopen the old Park station on the Victoria-Stalybridge line. The rationale was that it's close enough to the stadium to be in walking distance but they could run shuttles anyway. Is that a pipe dream as well?

For anyone who doesn't know, this is Park: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_railway_station

The platforms are there, the access from Briscoe Lane is there, but the platforms would not meet current standards, and there's no disabled access, so still a lot of money to get it back in action. But it's 15 minutes from the Metrolink station, so not that attractive unless you wanted to go to Victoria or go east. I don't think the United ground station has more than a couple of thousand using it and that's next to the ground. Boost frequency on Metrolink would be cheapest and best.

The platforms are there, the access from Briscoe Lane is there, but the platforms would not meet current standards, and there's no disabled access, so still a lot of money to get it back in action. But it's 15 minutes from the Metrolink station, so not that attractive unless you wanted to go to Victoria or go east. I don't think the United ground station has more than a couple of thousand using it and that's next to the ground. Boost frequency on Metrolink would be cheapest and best.
For me the Metrolink is ok but it's not enough , it should be part of a transport plan to get people to and from the stadium , get some platforms built on the goods line that runs passed the west of the stadium , then have some trains extended from the west through Victoria to the stadium, so you would have trains to Victoria and links to the north and north west, Metro to Piccadilly and south /south west, and the buses going to all points around Manchester like the old match buses did. So if the one at united only carries a couple of thousand , that's a couple of thousand not on the the buses or Metro, or going in they cars .

There's even a spur from the line going past the Park station that finishes just above the the Maynes garage on Stuart street, ideal to serve the ground plus the velodrome

I have been reading this thread with interest and I hope that some of this Building work comes to fruition.
Amazing how Manchester is growing - lot of history - includes Computers and Henry Royce.
It is a coincidence that Petruska mentioned Marple and New Mills - both have 2 Rail stations. For Marple - there is Rose Hill and Marple - on Brabyns Brow.
From Piccadilly - there is the Buxton Line through Hazel Grove to Buxton and then the line through Reddish , Marple ,New Mills central towards Sheffield and the East Coast.
As I am reaching my 'dotage' I will not be around to see all this exciting expansion but I really hope that some, if not all , this does happen.

I have been reading this thread with interest and I hope that some of this Building work comes to fruition.
Amazing how Manchester is growing - lot of history - includes Computers and Henry Royce.
It is a coincidence that Petruska mentioned Marple and New Mills - both have 2 Rail stations. For Marple - there is Rose Hill and Marple - on Brabyns Brow.
From Piccadilly - there is the Buxton Line through Hazel Grove to Buxton and then the line through Reddish , Marple ,New Mills central towards Sheffield and the East Coast.
As I am reaching my 'dotage' I will not be around to see all this exciting expansion but I really hope that some, if not all , this does happen.
What is the latest on North Stand expansion ?.
Will it be due for August in 2019 season

What is the latest on North Stand expansion ?.
Will it be due for August in 2019 season

Still wonder if we'll build a new iconic stadium at some point - would fit with the long term ambitions of the owners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.