Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

No sign of Liverpool.
Liverpool is a big city, but is in no way a major one. For example, the Globalization and World Cities Research Network ranks it as a ‘Sufficiency’ city (the lowest classification in the rankings) placing it alongside Southampton, Newcastle and Cardiff, which is about right.

FWIW, Manchester is a Beta- alongside Edinburgh and places like Geneva and Osaka and full 5 ‘divisions’ above Liverpool.

EDIT: Seeing as this got a few likes, here are the UK city rankings.
Alpha ++ London
Alpha + none
Alpha none
Alpha - none
Beta + none
Beta none
Beta - Edinburgh, Manchester
Gamma + Belfast, Glasgow
Gamma Bristol
Gamma - none
High Sufficiency Birmingham,Leeds
Sufficiency Aberdeen, Cardiff, Liverpool, Newcastle, Nottingham, Southampton

Full list https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globalization_and_World_Cities_Research_Network

Last edited:
Liverpool is a big city, but is in no way a major one. For example, the Globalization and World Cities Research Network ranks it as a ‘Sufficiency’ city (the lowest classification in the rankings) placing it alongside Southampton, Newcastle and Cardiff, which is about right.

FWIW, Manchester is a Beta- alongside Edinburgh and places like Geneva and Osaka and full 5 ‘divisions’ above Liverpool.
I feel sorry for players that decide to live in there, then again i don’t

Eh? The leeds arena extenrally is quite striking but inside it is a concourse with a black room with no wider facilities are use cases. Likely to be the opposite of this
I’ve been to loads of gigs there and the sound has been good. I even heard too much of Ozzy Osbourne and was in the kebab shop well before the gig ended.

If you are talking facilities, there’s a big Wetherspoons with a goal kick’s distance

I’ve been to loads of gigs there and the sound has been good. I even heard too much of Ozzy Osbourne and was in the kebab shop well before the gig ended.

If you are talking facilities, there’s a big Wetherspoons with a goal kick’s distance
So have I, I don't live far away. I was responding to your comment on this post which was about indoor v outdoors:

"You may have a valid point. It probably won't win any architectual awards. But internally, where it really matters, it will be one of the best, if not the best arena in the world. And to artists, concert, and event goers, that will be more important than the external apperance of the arena."

The sound is good though at Leeds, and I'm not sure that a local Weatherspoons counts as facilities :)

So have I, I don't live far away. I was responding to your comment on this post which was about indoor v outdoors:

"You may have a valid point. It probably won't win any architectual awards. But internally, where it really matters, it will be one of the best, if not the best arena in the world. And to artists, concert, and event goers, that will be more important than the external apperance of the arena."

The sound is good though at Leeds, and I'm not sure that a local Weatherspoons counts as facilities :)
I’m also a fan of the Coop Arena. The design tries to Optimise the available space.

Re Wetherspoons, give me decent Guineas at £3.35 a pint rather than watered down lager at £6.50 a pint.

EDIT: Seeing as this got a few likes, here are the UK city rankings.
Alpha ++ London
Alpha + none
Alpha none
Alpha - none
Beta + none
Beta none
Beta - Edinburgh, Manchester
Gamma + Belfast, Glasgow
Gamma Bristol
Gamma - none
High Sufficiency Birmingham,Leeds
Sufficiency Aberdeen, Cardiff, Liverpool, Newcastle, Nottingham, Southampton

Full list https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globalization_and_World_Cities_Research_Network
Will be interesting if they review it every so often and if Manchester rises up the ranks. I can certainly see it happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.