Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

How the hell will that be done given the mess that is the deregulated Greater Manchester bus services. It would have been straightforward in the 1970s when we had an integrated Greater Manchester bus operator but not with the current mess operators trying to cut each other’s throats.

I don’t know enough about the situation in Brighton or in Germany to comment. I do know that it could certainly be done in Edinburgh where most of the bus services are provide by the Council owned Lothian Transport run the buses and in London where the bus services continue to be regulated.
The tram is run by the council, so we could start with that.

You don't provide extra services by making it all free, someone has to pay for it and transport in this country is a rip of charging 16 year olds full adult prices. So unless the club want to fork out a 6 figure subsidy for each game nothing will change.

The club could buy a fleet of electric buses and get a sponsor or sponsors to sponsor the buses.

The club could charge a £1 fare for the journey to the Etihad from Piccadilly Gardens, and £1 back again. Buses vary in size, but they can hold over 50 people. So City would make a minimum of £50 per ‘electric bus’ journey.

The club could offer a bus season ticket and add it to your season ticket card (perish the thought)

There are plenty of ways City, MCC, and GMPTE could come together and fund, work out, and find a better Matchday bus service and solution to the current bus service.

If OVG and City are integrating event tickets with local transport operators for the arena, why haven’t City done that yet for the Etihad, a decade on?(hmmm)

The club could buy a fleet of electric buses and get a sponsor or sponsors to sponsor the buses.

The club could charge a £1 fare for the journey to the Etihad from Piccadilly Gardens, and £1 back again. Buses vary in size, but they can hold over 50 people. So City would make a minimum of £50 per ‘electric bus’ journey.

The club could offer a bus season ticket and add it to your season ticket card (perish the thought)

There are plenty of ways City, MCC, and GMPTE could come together and fund, work out, and find a better Matchday bus service and solution to the current bus service.

If OVG and City are integrating event tickets with local transport operators for the arena, why haven’t City done that yet for the Etihad, a decade on?(hmmm)
Sounds great but how many buses would be needed and if they are just stuck in the trafic after the game who'd use them.

Our problem is no where as bad as what West Ham have got down in Stratford. Could it be that our problem is not really as bad as some people perceive it to be?
Don't agree about West ham thought it was brilliant last week ,kept us on the move 2 stops at handheld stop signs no problems on the station or platform and seats on the tube

I had a thought the other week as I was walking past it.

There’s a large grassed area along Merrill Street that would make an ideal location for a Etihad stadium and Coop Live Arena transport interchange, where buses, Taxis, and additional Trams could wait for people leaving the Etihad stadium and the Coop Live Arena.

It’s less than 5 minutes down Ashton New Road from the Etihad. It’s distance from the stadium and arena would stagger people arriving, it’s closer to town, and the buses wouldn’t get stuck behind people walking along Ashton New Road after the match. On a matchday the only use for that large grassed area is people parking their cars along the roads and on the grass verges.

13-F2-F504-7-C23-4-F1-C-8-E45-20-DF1-E58-E101.jpg

E2-A62-AED-B434-4-C50-A3-B8-9-ABBC7-C27-AE6.jpg

is it bad at west ham?
I have always found it easy getting away from the West Ham stadium if you keep away from Stratford and use the Hackney Wick overground which is the fastest way back to Euston anyway. Hackney Wick is much closer to the stadium than Stratford. The traffic on the nearby roads seemed very quiet last week immediately after the match, presumably because most people use public transport. Fans have a choice of main line station (Stratford International); Overground at Hackney Wick or Stratford; and Docklands LIght Railway. On the other hand Spurs was a nightmare.

Last edited:
People are coming up with some very good ideas but seem to have missed the point that The Club don't give a shit about us anymore. So I wouldn't waste anymore time with your well intended suggestions.

People are coming up with some very good ideas but seem to have missed the point that The Club don't give a shit about us anymore. So I wouldn't waste anymore time with your well intended suggestions.
Seems it's more about the transport and road network than the club, so not sure your point makes sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.