Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Honest questions; what policies and why are the council responsible?

It isn't seen as pc, and I am certain the right ons here will make me out to be slightly right of Atilla The Hun for saying it, despite it being true.
But like Moston around the same time, hundreds of Somalian families were moved in virtually overnight in the 90s. And by hundreds I am not exaggerating.
It displaced the previous residents greatly. They became the minority residents in one swoop. It totally destroyed the communities that had developed going back decades to the building of Fort Beswick. For all its many faults.
Time moves on and all that yes, but such drastic changes so quickly and sweeping wasn't right.
As said same happened in Moston at the same time. Likely other areas too, but I am only commenting on what I have seen myself first hand.
NOTHING to do with race, just community displacement.
Of course, the very councillors that implement such are tucked away in their leafy suburbs unaffected by their policies ...

My in-laws (Lifelong Blues) and various friends and family lived on that estate, in the nearby terracces of Isca St, and Fort Beswick too most of their lives.
Yes it was 'characterful'. 'Rough as fuck' if you like ... but it was still mainly a decent community.
Its a cliché but they really did look after their own.
That changed with the policies of the last 20 years or so... its now divided and far more lawless.
That's thanks to the council.
Utter twunts.
I
I find it hard to believe the area is worse now compared to the late 70s when I worked on Grey Mare Lane. It was total bandit country then. One of the toughest areas in Manchester and infested with United fans.

I find it hard to believe the area is worse now compared to the late 70s when I worked on Grey Mare Lane. It was total bandit country then. One of the toughest areas in Manchester and infested with United fans.

It was totally RAF yes. But at risk of the cliché, they really did look after their own. My missus worked on Grey Mare Lane market at weekends from being 12 years old.
The traders and locals looked after her. Nowadays she would be exploited.. A very different time and outlook.

It would make sense for City to be quiet until we have agreed a fee with West Ham.

It would also make sense for City not to say anything if it’s not true.

Hopefully BS

Live stream at the bottom of the page.
View of the arena this morning. Citystore still stubbornly standing.

Attachments

• IMG_6583.jpeg
    IMG_6583.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
View of the arena this morning. Citystore still stubbornly standing.
Love the design of the arena. Going to look proper classy when it’s finished.

I’m dreading what the outside of the North Stand will end up looking like. There are car parks in Town that have a better design judging off the plans that were released.

The inside of the North Stand, the actual seating where everyone will sit/stand looks mint though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.