Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

DiscoSteve said:
no corners to fill - the new third tiers at the ends come all the way round to meet the ends of the existing third tiers on either side - remember this from the email from the club?
expandedseatingstadium.jpg
They show where the seats will go but I don't think that is indicative of the actual shape the blocks will take. I was under the impression that the blocks towards the middle of the new sections would contain more seats than those at either end, much like the blocks on that tier at present.

Chancy Termites said:
So expanding one end adds 6,000, adding both adds 12,000 = 60,000 in total. So where does the potential 70,000 capacity come from? Add a 4th tier to the sides or just keep building up one monster tier behind one of the goals?

Maybe safe standing if given the go ahead to trial?

blueparrot said:
Chancy Termites said:
So expanding one end adds 6,000, adding both adds 12,000 = 60,000 in total. So where does the potential 70,000 capacity come from? Add a 4th tier to the sides or just keep building up one monster tier behind one of the goals?

Maybe safe standing if given the go ahead to trial?

Yessssssssssssss!

Irwell said:
DiscoSteve said:
no corners to fill - the new third tiers at the ends come all the way round to meet the ends of the existing third tiers on either side - remember this from the email from the club?
They show where the seats will go but I don't think that is indicative of the actual shape the blocks will take. I was under the impression that the blocks towards the middle of the new sections would contain more seats than those at either end, much like the blocks on that tier at present.
You're right there - I've just been looking back at the hacks off the original Arup diagrams I did three years ago and in those (staying inside the original perimeter) the new third tier was just seven rows deep in the corners deepening out to 18 rows deep directly behind the goals.
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/COMS60NEPlan~0.jpg[/bigimg]
We shall just have to wait to see how close that hack is to what the club is actually planning...

Firstly. Rent of around £70 / sq ft. No expense spared if that rental figure is true? In Manchester you'd be looking at £28-£30 maximum for the best offices/office space.

Property Week.

Manchester City Football Club is opening an office at the top floor of British Land’s 10 Brock Street scheme, to the north of London’s Euston Road.

British_Land_Regent_s_Plac_280.jpg

Manchester City Football Club is opening an office at the top floor of British Land’s 10 Brock Street scheme, to the north of London’s Euston Road.

The Premier League club has taken the 7,201 sq ft top floor of the newly-developed office building on a 10 year lease and is expected to pay a rent of around £70 / sq ft.

The move is a riposte to Manchester United’s decision to open a corporate office in the capital two years ago, when it located itself at Stratton House above Langan’s in Mayfair.

Brock Street, part of the REIT’s 13 acre Regent’s Place scheme (in which Debenhams is an anchor tenant) is under construction and will be completed during the summer. It has been on the radar of a variety of media and technology companies, including Twitter, Saatchi & Saatchi and O2 and Telefonica joint venture, Weave.

Now, Saatchi and Weave are both thought to have opted for other schemes, with the latter picking Hermes’ 100 New Oxford Street.

Its move is thought to be prompted by the proximity of British Land’s Regent’s Place scheme to Euston station, which runs trains direct to Manchester Piccadilly.

It is thought there will be work stations for 50 employees, three meeting rooms, a 20-seat presentation suite plus reception and kitchen.

Knight Frank and CBRE advise British Land; Bluebook and Edward Charles & Partners act for Hermes; Cluttons advises Weave.

All parties declined to comment.
<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:41 pm --<br /><br />Oh, one more thing.

I'm assuming City will be playing the Stock Markets on the back of Sheikh Mansour's knowledge and experience.

What better way to increase revenues. Obviously there is always a risk, but I'm sure Sheikh Mansour's financial team know what they're doing.

In today's Evening News. Not before time. Although there's no timescale mentioned.

Jobs bonanza as 'outdated' retail park to be replaced with cinema and supermarket
Central Retail Park in Great Ancoats Street is to be partially demolished and replaced with a shopping and entertainment complex.

An ‘outdated’ shopping centre is to make way for a new city centre cinema and supermarket. Central Retail Park in Great Ancoats Street is to be partially demolished and replaced with a shopping and entertainment complex.

Developers say the move will boost regeneration around the city centre fringe – creating hundreds of jobs. The current retail park, which includes a Mothercare and Toys R Us store and sits in front of the flagship New Islington estate, dates back to 1987.

A gents Turley Associates told councillors the park had recently been struggling to attract trade. It consisted of ‘outdated and unappealing’ warehouses creating a major barrier between New Islington and the rest of the area.

They said its replacement would create an important new link between the city centre and communities in east Manchester and create between 350 and 400 jobs at the supermarket alone, as well as jobs in construction in an ‘important investment in the city’.

Despite concerns from some neighbours that the scheme will increase noise and late night nuisance planners approved the application.

Four shops will be knocked down, and another four refurbished.

Seven smaller shops will be built in their place, with the foodstore at the park’s border with Old Mill Street.

The new cinema will overlook the marina to the north of the site, opening up the park to the Rochdale canal.

Landscaping around the canal towpath will be improved. A new walkway will be created to nearby Cotton Fields Park as well as a pedestrian crossing over the ringroad, and 40 new trees will be planted in the area.

I hope when we expand the stadium we do it sympathetically. I am guessing the roof will come off and be at a similar level to the main stand roof. I would also guess we will loose the citizens lounge as is because seats will start from this level. Can't wait to see it start.

New cinema planned for New Islington and a Sea life Centre at the Trafford Centre opening tomorrow means there are fewer and fewer options for attractions that will housed on the collar site.

It doesnt mean there wont be either on the campus but it makes it less likely dont you think?

DiscoSteve said:
Doesn't fit in with this, though:
pg-74-man-city-stadium.jpg

Caveman said:
DiscoSteve said:
Doesn't fit in with this, though:
pg-74-man-city-stadium.jpg

That was an "artists impression" rather than an actual design. the stantions for the corners to be filled in are already there, and have been since the stadium was built.
The idea has lways been to join a new third tier at the ends to the existing ones along both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.