Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Don't think they will be filling the corners in because that's where they panel's that open to let air in for the pitch

waspish said:
Don't think they will be filling the corners in because that's where they panel's that open to let air in for the pitch

This.

They are a key design feature for the welfare of the pitch.

blueinsa said:
waspish said:

This.

You could still fill the corners with removable seats so the airflow is only stopped during a game. I'm sure the architects are clever enough to come up with a design that will still allow the pitch to breath properly.

worsleyweb said:
I hope when we expand the stadium we do it sympathetically. I am guessing the roof will come off and be at a similar level to the main stand roof. I would also guess we will loose the citizens lounge as is because seats will start from this level. Can't wait to see it start.

Holistically?

stony said:
blueinsa said:
waspish said:

This.

You could still fill the corners with removable seats so the airflow is only stopped during a game. I'm sure the architects are clever enough to come up with a design that will still allow the pitch to breath properly.

You could design the seats so that in addition to the base tipping up to the vertical position as normal, you could lift the back and rotate the back and base forward so that it is horizontal. Then the vertical part of the step could also be louvered to let air through, with little loss in through flow compared to how it currently is. It would be a bit of a job tipping all the seats forward though.

not my fault! said:
Caveman said:
DiscoSteve said:
no corners to fill - the new third tiers at the ends come all the way round to meet the ends of the existing third tiers on either side - remember this from the email from the club?
expandedseatingstadium.jpg
Doesn't fit in with this, though:
pg-74-man-city-stadium.jpg

That was an "artists impression" rather than an actual design. the stantions for the corners to be filled in are already there, and have been since the stadium was built.
The idea has lways been to join a new third tier at the ends to the existing ones along both sides.

It will look a lot lot better than that, that's just what somebody at the M.E.N knocked up in 5 mins on photoshop.

Kenney_The_Blue said:
not my fault! said:
Caveman said:
Doesn't fit in with this, though:
pg-74-man-city-stadium.jpg

That was an "artists impression" rather than an actual design. the stantions for the corners to be filled in are already there, and have been since the stadium was built.
The idea has lways been to join a new third tier at the ends to the existing ones along both sides.

It will look a lot lot better than that, that's just what somebody at the M.E.N knocked up in 5 mins on photoshop.

Where's the restaurant bit gone?

Has anyone mentioned that our stadium was designed by the same people that did Shakhtar's ground?

[bigimg]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/DONBASS_ARENA%29.jpg[/bigimg]

stony said:
blueinsa said:
waspish said:

This.

You'd be surprised! The corners where the louvres are we're originally going to be a type of mesh very similar to the mesh on the high level plant level at the top of the Colin bell stand where the etihad signs are. Back in 2000 I spent an hour under a wind turbine testing the design and got piss wet through. The design for the louvres was copied from the Lowry which was built at the same time. Without sounding like a big head I saw them on the way home one night and suggested them to the architect from Arup. The cladding company who did the stadium did the Lowry cladding "brodericks" and the architect had a look and hey presto the louvres were installed. Another stadium fact for you, Arup wanted to install random white,grey and blue seats in an irregular pattern. I told this to alisdair macintosh on the qt (on the night it pissed down I think against Ipswich at Maine road) and the club insisted all the seats were blue! I drove past the stadium tonight! I love it and the best years of my life were spent working on it but the outside is fairly ugly! Hope we have some ideas to make it wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.