Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

There are 88,000 university students in Manchester and 2,800,000 people in greater manchester. 7,100,000 people in the North West. We should target the Students as Season ticket holders during their time in Manchester. We will fill a massive stadium if the tickets are reasonably priced. a £300 season ticket would see massive demand, the club will see this, and the fourth tier will be here way before 2025.

Very encouraged to hear talk of £300 season tickets. Think this will see the return of a lot of lapsed local support who have been priced out. Cater for all I say.

ped said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
So there's to be no 'poxy' 2500 fill-in then, as some moaned?

Not even the start of things to come.
I know,its been 5 years of football heaven,and people ,still grab on to any piece of negativity they can,maybe its time for them to find another club.

I think most fans want to see the stadium expansion and in a way that sees the games sold out. I haven't seen much negativity. I think there are risks that the club will become obsessed with selling corporate seats and to ignore this risk is naive. We haven't heard how many cheaper season tickets there will be - as far as I know.

Tim of the Oak said:
ped said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
So there's to be no 'poxy' 2500 fill-in then, as some moaned?

Not even the start of things to come.
I know,its been 5 years of football heaven,and people ,still grab on to any piece of negativity they can,maybe its time for them to find another club.

I think most fans want to see the stadium expansion and in a way that sees the games sold out. I haven't seen much negativity. I think there are risks that the club will become obsessed with selling corporate seats and to ignore this risk is naive. We haven't heard how many cheaper season tickets there will be - as far as I know.

They said, all except the new corporate area will be the cheaper tickets

It's been pretty obvious for a while that the owners don't feel the Etihad has sufficient corporate facilities and want to improve. Not surprising given it's essentially a converted athletics stadium when all said and done. If the expansions allow this whilst keeping season ticket prices down for regular fans then I'm all for it. As I said in my previous post cater for all.

How will the club balance the £299 season ticket against current season ticket prices around the stadium?

I'm not bothered about paying £500+ where I'm stood, but some fans will be miffed about paying the full amount while knowing other City fans are only paying £299 for just as good a view.

Will the £299 season ticket be limited as well?

Will it replace the current cheap limited sit where you're put season ticket?

Plenty of questions to be answered.

jrb said:
How will the club balance the £299 season ticket against current season ticket prices around the stadium?

I'm not bothered about paying £500+ where I'm stood, but some fans will be miffed about paying the full amount while knowing other City fans are only paying £299 for just as good a view.

JRB, I fear one of the answers to your question is I think there will be a limit on the £299 tickets. Hope i'm wrong though.

mostonbluemark said:
jrb said:

JRB, I fear one of the answers to your question is I think there will be a limit on the £299 tickets. Hope i'm wrong though.

Its obvious, the £299 tickets will be in the cheapest/worst part of the ground... Of course they will.... Its a business, and FFP will ensure all clubs have to maximise profits as much as possible....

fbloke said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Corky said:
It reminds me of the artists impression of the new Maine Road in in the 94/95 (either Spurs or Soton) programme.

It showed the new ground if the new 'Kippax' was repeated on all four sides.

I had that picture on my wall when I was a kid mate, looked ace. Shame we never even came close eh!?

On the subject of the roof I'm pleased top see that the angle of it will change (suppose it has to). I'm no expert and I know that it isn't the most important element in the atmosphere within a stadium but I don't think the angle of the South Stand roof helps at all as it faces upwards and any noise made goes straight up and out. Other stadiums with lower roofs keep the noise in. At hamburg away I remember it echoing and ringing round, sounded brilliant. Hopefully the new stands will help keep the noise in

This one?

2igg4fk.png

or this?

pieinthesky_stadium.jpg

Bluearmy said:
mostonbluemark said:
jrb said:

Its obvious, the £299 tickets will be in the cheapest/worst part of the ground... Of course they will.... Its a business, and FFP will ensure all clubs have to maximise profits as much as possible....

TBF there isn't a worst part of the ground, unile like other PL stadia. level 3 South Stand will be just as good as Level 3 East and Level 3 Colin Bell.

I appreciate one level 3 is behind the goal and the other 2 level 3's are alongside the pitch. But having sat in South Stand Level 2 for a few season after we moved from MR, I can assure you the view from behind the goal is pretty good and on a par with viewing from the sides.<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:19 pm --<br /><br />
mostonbluemark said:
jrb said:

Agree.

But the club have 6000 extra seats to fill. There's absolutely no point in adding 6000 extra seats if they can't be filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.