Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologise for the delay.

Virgin Broadband has been playing up again in the SK3 area. Not been working in the last 24 hours. Virgin looking into the problem. Not been able to upload the pictures via Imageshack.

BTW. According to the engineer from Virgin, Sky Sports did some aerial shots of the stadium and new training complex before the start of the match. Probably from the huge cherry picker arm over the North Stand. Did anyone see the footage?

I'll post the pictures tomorrow if posdible. :-)

jrb said:
Apologise for the delay.

Virgin Broadband has been playing up again in the SK3 area. Not been working in the last 24 hours. Virgin looking into the problem. Not been able to upload the pictures via Imageshack.

BTW. According to the engineer from Virgin, Sky Sports did some aerial shots of the stadium and new training complex before the start of the match. Probably from the huge cherry picker arm over the North Stand. Did anyone see the footage?

Yes - I watched the highlights on Tuesday afternoon - hoping to see if the Yaya penalty appeal was a penalty or not - but Sky edited it out zzzzzzz. The views of the training ground were shown just before the game as they announced the teams. The shots were from a distance (the huge cherry picker as you suggest) - they didn't really zoom in but the shots gave you a sense of the sheer scale of the site. There were some good shots of city square from above - that were also pretty good (edit BT City Square I might add).

nmc said:
jrb said:
Apologise for the delay.

Yes - I watched the highlights on Tuesday afternoon - hoping to see if the Yaya penalty appeal was a penalty or not - but Sky edited it out zzzzzzz. The views of the training ground were shown just before the game as they announced the teams. The shots were from a distance (the huge cherry picker as you suggest) - they didn't really zoom in but the shots gave you a sense of the sheer scale of the site. There were some good shots of city square from above - that were also pretty good (edit BT City Square I might add).

they said it was, he went down easily but there was contact.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
nmc said:
jrb said:
Apologise for the delay.

they said it was, he went down easily but there was contact.

Thanks. They showed the hand ball and that was a stone wall penalty.

Thankfully the interweb is now back up. . :-)

I'll upload the pictures this evening.

TBH all of them will be of the mini stadium and surrounding area. Didn't have time to go around the whole site on Monday.

TBH all of them will be of the mini stadium and surrounding area. Didn't have time to go around the whole site on Monday.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:40 am --<br /><br />Thankfully the interweb is now back up. . :-)

TBH all of them will be of the mini stadium and surrounding area. Didn't have time to go around the whole site on Monday.

jrb said:

-- Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:40 am --

You new connection must quick JRB.

It is posting on here quicker than you can type!

Just drove past the Stadium and the Academy & Training Campus. Looks like the support steelworks for the side stand fronting Ashton New Rd is going up. Its looking more impressive by the day. Noticed additional steel supports being erected at the back of the stand nearest the canal. Is there some offices or something else going up at the back of that stand?

jrb said:
Didn't have time to go around the whole site on Monday.

Are you able to just turn up and walk round the site supervised, or do you have to book a visit? I wouldn't mind a wander round at some point myself to gain a better understanding of the work going on, and the scale of the site.

flipmode said:
jrb said:
Didn't have time to go around the whole site on Monday.

Are you able to just turn up and walk round the site supervised, or do you have to book a visit? I wouldn't mind a wander round at some point myself to gain a better understanding of the work going on, and the scale of the site.

No chance of getting in, I was having a bit of a peek about a month at the entrance which is opposite Asda, a guy came out and said you are not allowed in, which is fare enough so I retreated back about 5 yards which was near to the road and offsite, his jobsworth mate then comes out and shuts the gates, thinking we can't even see in now, even though further down was a big opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.