Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
jrb said:
No, it's opposite the stadium. Land Arsenal could either sell with planning or develop themselves. They sold it to Barratt. The details will be on the interweb somewhere. This is Highbury Square, their former stadium. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/history/arsenal-stadium-highbury/highbury-square" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/history/arsenal- ... ury-square</a> More flats.

I work for the company which manages Highbury Square for Arsenal and it's certainly no-expense-spared. Their tenants absolutely pay through the nose to stay there. I'm pretty sure that I remember the figure that they pay simply on replacing the 24-hour concierges' uniforms every year, although it would, of course, be remiss of me to say what that figure is...

Falastur said:
jrb said:
No, it's opposite the stadium. Land Arsenal could either sell with planning or develop themselves. They sold it to Barratt. The details will be on the interweb somewhere. This is Highbury Square, their former stadium. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/history/arsenal-stadium-highbury/highbury-square" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/history/arsenal- ... ury-square</a> More flats.

I work for the company which manages Highbury Square for Arsenal and it's certainly no-expense-spared. Their tenants absolutely pay through the nose to stay there. I'm pretty sure that I remember the figure that they pay simply on replacing the 24-hour concierges' uniforms every year, although it would, of course, be remiss of me to say what that figure is...

Oh go on go on go on. We wouldn't tell anyone else.

fbloke said:
Bluebee2 said:
ManCityX said:
Does anyone still think there will be a completely new stadium further down the line?

There will be one further down the hill, near the canal.

???

Futsal stadium my friend, another little stadium on the campus near the canal area, just passed the big Hotel that will be on the East carpark

http://www.manchesterfutsal.com/stadium.html

Never knew it was played at the Velodrome....very plausible (epsecially if the Velodrome is due a 'reboot' of some sort).

fifa.jpg

It would be good to have 5 aside facilities for anyone to make teams and compete like the usual places. Also netball, basketball, athletics, ice hockey, hockey - other sports teams named after the club like a lot of south american clubs have.

ManCityX said:
Does anyone still think there will be a completely new stadium further down the line?
No. That option was explored early on and, while it was the preferred option (the Sheikh was distinctly underwhelmed by our current home) it wasn't deemed feasible for reasons I'm not clear about. Possibly it had something to do with difficulties around abandoning the current stadium.

My understanding was that there was a proof of concept drawn up for an 80,000 seater on the site of the North Car Park and an even more ambitious proposal (as in your jaw would dislocate as it would drop so far and your eyes would pop out of their sockets when you saw it) for what's now hoping to be the Campus.

Prestwich_Blue said:
ManCityX said:
No. That option was explored early on and, while it was the preferred option (the Sheikh was distinctly underwhelmed by our current home) it wasn't deemed feasible for reasons I'm not clear about. Possibly it had something to do with difficulties around abandoning the current stadium.

My understanding was that there was a proof of concept drawn up for an 80,000 seater on the site of the North Car Park and an even more ambitious proposal (as in your jaw would dislocate as it would drop so far and your eyes would pop out of their sockets when you saw it) for what's now hoping to be the Campus.
I don't get where this talk of building a new stadium has come from? We've only been in the current one just over 10years. I don't see anything wrong with the current stadium and it's in the centre of what would be the campus isn't it? Building a stadium on the north car park would mean the campus wouldn't encircle the stadium.

M24 Citizen said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
ManCityX said:

I don't get where this talk of building a new stadium has come from? We've only been in the current one just over 10years. I don't see anything wrong with the current stadium and it's in the centre of what would be the campus isn't it? Building a stadium on the north car park would mean the campus wouldn't encircle the stadium.

PB isn't saying that a new one will be built, just that it was an option which was looked at by the Sheikh.

M24 Citizen said:

It looks like there were investigations by City into building a new stadium but that they were dropped fairly rapidly as it became obvious they were infeasible. I think that a combination of the fact that we don't own the Etihad and that people are disappointed that the Etihad isn't Maine Road means that a lot of people on here are reluctant to let go of the idea.

Prestwich_Blue said:
ManCityX said:

So you are saying the campus plans that were eye popping are still going ahead or have they been scaled down too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.