Etihad Player of the Year

Voted for Silva... He's our best player in my opinion and I feel that as fans we don't show how much he means to the club. We don't even have a decent song for him!

I think this would be a nice way to show he is a fan favourite!

(Or we could all just chip in and buy him a sick Cake).

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
aguero93:20 said:
I voted for Yaya on here, because I thought he was our best player a whisker ahead of Dave. Don't see a reason to change it just because he's acted like a **** since.

Sshhh - there was no poll on here, and anyone suggesting it was pulled because Yaya was winning is completely wrong, because obviously it never existed in the first place.
Hope this clears things up.

Wasn't it 65% for Yaya... Miles ahead... a landslide.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
aguero93:20 said:
I voted for Yaya on here, because I thought he was our best player a whisker ahead of Dave. Don't see a reason to change it just because he's acted like a **** since.

Sshhh - there was no poll on here, and anyone suggesting it was pulled because Yaya was winning is completely wrong, because obviously it never existed in the first place.
Hope this clears things up.
There was a poll, VK and MP tied for first.

[whisper](once they split Yaya's votes between them)[/whisper]

Didsbury Dave said:
Shaelumstash said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
In danger of getting off topic, but you're not making a very compelling argument given that Pellegrini expertly healed the divisions in the squad, and won both the Premier League and Carling Cup in his first season in English football! As to the 3rd division play off final I know exactly where DD is coming from. The Dickov and Aguero moments were near identical in terms of dramatic impact, but because Dickov's goal was the first time we'd ever experienced such incredible redemption, it was transformed into the near celestial. What was it Billy Bragg said? "It's never the same after the first time, but it doesn't stop you coming back for more."

Yeh I probably didn't word it very well. Pellegrini has achieved what you said, and deserves credit for that. Where I'm saying Dismal got it wrong is he was calling for Mancini to go before we won the FA Cup. He then continued his silly campaign the season after when we went on to win the league. The results themselves proved how wrong he got it, but he'd never admit it. The reasons for that are open to individual interpretation.

The 3rd Division Play Off was an incredible moment, absolutely incredible. But to even try to compare it to the Aguero moment is just bonkers to me. Again, the only reason DD did that is because he had an agenda against the manager which was rather tasteless.

Let it go.

The war is over. Again.

Move on. Take it on the chin. He isn't coming back.

Sweet Jesus.

Who's mentioned him coming back?

You brought up me getting something wrong, and I just pointed out some of the numerous examples where you got it wrong. Take it on the chin.

blueinsa said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Shaelumstash said:
Yeh I probably didn't word it very well. Pellegrini has achieved what you said, and deserves credit for that. Where I'm saying Dismal got it wrong is he was calling for Mancini to go before we won the FA Cup. He then continued his silly campaign the season after when we went on to win the league. The results themselves proved how wrong he got it, but he'd never admit it. The reasons for that are open to individual interpretation.

The 3rd Division Play Off was an incredible moment, absolutely incredible. But to even try to compare it to the Aguero moment is just bonkers to me. Again, the only reason DD did that is because he had an agenda against the manager which was rather tasteless.

Whilst winning the title after 44 years and stuffing the rags in the process will obviously be held in higher regard than a Div 1 play off final by any neutral, I can only go by how I felt on the respective days. Aguero's goal was incredible, but in terms of the degree of maniacal fanaticism with which I celebrated, it is surprisingly down in 3rd place on my all time list. Ya Ya in the cup final was 2nd, but I knew even as I was falling over Wembley's old bench seats, screaming and screaming and screaming with adrenalin fuelled pleasure, that I would never again experience quite the same sensation as I did when Paul Dickov scored, and it has proven to be the case. Each to their own I suppose, and I understand why Sergio's goal may have brought greater pleasure to the majority of Blues, but for me Dickov's was the purer experience in terms of unbridled joy

As you say mate, you had to be there that day and the feeling of skin coming of your shins as we fell over Wembley's old bench seats and the sheer emotion of the day will be something that will live for me to the day I die.

Without a doubt, being a home and away blue back in those days was a truly incredible thing and something that will never be replicated regardless of what we go on to win imo.

I was there that day, I did go to pretty much every game home and away that season. Dickov's goal was an incredible moment, certainly the best moment as a City fan up until that point. But it's been eclipsed twice for me, the FA Cup win, and the Aguero goal to win the league.

The FA Cup win didn't come Dickov's for pure level of unbridled joy, but there was a deeper emotion attached to it because I didn't think I'd ever live to see City win a trophy. The Auguero moment had both wrapped up together. Two goals in injury time to snatch the title away from the evil empire, the unbridled joy, and the emotion wrapped up in that moment, will never come close to being topped for me. Even if we beat the Shite in the CL final, nothing will ever come close to that because of the circumstances, and what it meant.

Anyway, back on topic, Silva for player of the season. It's criminal he's not won the fans vote before, he deserved it in 2012 and he deserves it for 2014 for me. Goes to show how important he is that both of his best seasons coincide with us winning the title.

jollylescott said:
sh249 said:
Silva by some considerable distance for me. With or without Cakegate.
I voted for Merlin. In terms of both quality and consistency, I think he takes the cake (pardon the pun).

For those that say that Yaya is our greatest player, I beg to differ. That mantle belongs on the shoulders of the little magician.

I genuinely think Aguero is our best player but always seem to be in the minority.

Silva for this season though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.