Eu workers over British.

Dazzacity

My place of work seem to take on nothing but eu migrant workers. I'd say the last fifteen or twenty have all been eu migrants. British workers are now getting very disgruntled and it's surely now bordering discrimination.

Are there any steps to take to get this matter looked into?.

without knowing what you do, it Depends on why they are being hired over the British workers? what skills are involved etc.

construction and manufacturing = eastern Europe teach these as part of the curriculum so they are better skilled out of school than the British kids.

communication based needs = multilingual

If its just because they are cheaper, or the manager is hiring from his native country then there could be a case to be made about discrimination. but if its just because they are better suited then its just a matter of sucking it up really.

Depends on why they are being hired over the British workers? what skills are involved etc.
No skills needed in the jobs they're getting. All training is given on the job. I'd say they're preferred because they bang in the ot and will work for less. It's takin the piss now though.

I often wonder if employers are using a loophole to escape minimum wage laws. If the employees are employed through an agency which is based overseas do they have to adhere to the same rules ?

No skills needed in the jobs they're getting. All training is given on the job. I'd say they're preferred because they bang in the ot and will work for less. It's takin the piss now though.
If they do more OT how would the hiring guys know that at the application stage? Are they thinking 'oh look a Pole, let's take him because they're all hard workers' because to me that would be dodgy ground ie not hiring the Brit because 'they're lazier'.

My place of work seem to take on nothing but eu migrant workers. I'd say the last fifteen or twenty have all been eu migrants. British workers are now getting very disgruntled and it's surely now bordering discrimination.

Are there any steps to take to get this matter looked into?.

No. This kind of thing will reach epic proportions once we are bullied into TTIP.

I think the answer is that your firm is looking to hire the best people it can and it would appear the best people in the view of your managers are not English. I have a friend who hires and fires retail staff and he takes on a significant number of Europeans, all things being equal he would take on English staff however the European candidates are generally better presented and have a markedly better attitude and work ethic.

I often wonder if employers are using a loophole to escape minimum wage laws. If the employees are employed through an agency which is based overseas do they have to adhere to the same rules ?
All agency workers. It's rather the agency discrinati
I think the answer is that your firm is looking to hire the best people it can and it would appear the best people in the view of your managers are not English. I have a friend who hires and fires retail staff and he takes on a significant number of Europeans, all things being equal he would take on English staff however the European candidates are generally better presented and have a markedly better attitude and work ethic.

But that's discrimination!.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.