Eu workers over British.

Was waiting for a comment like this. Got a concern relating immigration - must be a xenophob.

All I originally asked was are we being discriminated as the last 15-20 workers taken on have been eu migrants. Reasonable thoughts imo.

So it isn't discrimination if a business has the attitude of "don't take English on as they don't tend to do overtime". Okay then.

Let's change 'english' to another nationally. Some would probably look at things a little differently.

People are missing the point that these are agency workers. No interview is involved!. . So it looks like these workers have been requested or even picked depending on where it sounds like their name originates from.

People are missing the point that these are agency workers. No interview is involved!. . So it looks like these workers have been requested or even picked depending on where it sounds like their name originates from.

In Greece you had barbers retiring at 50, in France it's 35 hour week and burning of sheep, here we are going in the opposite direction, the money men are being given the tools to take the piss, if people are happy with this then fair enough, I just think a better balance is to everyone's benefit. In a lot of agencies if you aren't prepared to lick the ring piece you're the the guy sat there for hours on end not getting paid.

You might be happy working your 40 hours in a warehouse then going home and having a life but you know when the work dries up you're first for the chop, so although overtime cannot be enforced in effect you best be flexible, want time and half sonny think again there is 10 at the door who will do it flat rate and wash my car as well.

And people seem happy with it, very strange

This thread is hilarious and highlights exactly how twisted liberals and left wing fascists really are.

As has been mentioned change the group concerned.

'My work place seems to only employ English people lots of Pakistanis apply but dont get taken on It seems they believe that the English people will work harder than Pakistanis so only english people are getting employed, surely this is discrimination.?'

Fucking shit would hit the fan..

I'm assuming your firm requests some workers from an agency and they then take what arrives, so is it the agency that's possibly discriminating?

Maybe no English people are applying. A mate of mine sat in an induction for an agency job late last year. Of ten, two were English. One of them turned the job down before the first tea break. The second was a no show on the second day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.