EURO 2020 | General discussion

Who will win Euro 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Handeling the current World Champion to a 0-0 if not for an own goal is probably more than most teams would achieve, isn't it? Their attack is a tactical mess though and doesn't sync much with each other. But this is not a quality problem, it's the tactics. Müller needs a target man to float around. Werner is more set to a counter-based game instead of running at tight defenses. Löw should start with Volland upfront instead of Gnabry who had a mediocre season with Bayern. He also should play a 4-men defense and Kimmich in midfield, which would bring much more control for them. Kroos and Gündogan ahd a good game yesterday but need to do more on the offensive end. A Kimmich in their back would free them up more. It's details and tactics rather than the players. Let's see how they play Portugal next.
Agree about Kimmich, he seems such a waste out wide and would really free the midfield up to do a bit more. I thought Kroos was very poor last night, certainly from a delivery perspective. He had 2/3 free kicks around the box, numerous corners and his delivery was terrible. Thought Gundo had a decent game, but its always going to be hard against France and Kante. Gnabry looks very hit and miss and Leroy just isnt the player he was.

Unless Low can get a formation that gets the best out of the players, it wont be a good tournament for Germany and last night kind of confirmed that regardless of the opposition.

I expect the next games in that group to be fiery, with plenty of rolling, acting and screaming at the ref. Germany need to either find a way of using Havertz or drop him, as he offered little, albeit against a brick wall of a defence.

Hungary are limited but gave it a decent go I thought - the three late goals were a bit harsh on their defensive performance. There is going to be a decent fight for 3rd in that group.

France deciding to play on the counter of the second half was a bit odd, and makes it more difficult to tell much about Germany.

Portugal seemed a bit rusty upfront, and Ronaldo's goals covered that he did absolutely nothing for 42 minutes of the second half before he got to take a penalty. I'm interested to see if he gets anything out of the French, but I think he may find himself on the ground even more than usual.

The main thing I've thought is that the reffing has been pretty good. A lot of soft falls have been ignored, contesting the ball seems to be back in vogue. Not too many cards are being shown either, although there haven't been many bad fouls to need them.

Was sick of it during the Scotland game the other day...."Man Uniteds McTominay with the throwing"
"Man Uniteds McTominay with a great tackle"...blah,blah,blah.
Also commentators seemingly obsessed by age, every player under 20 or over 30 has to be announced as the "32-year old XXX" or 19 year-old XXX.
Also they seem desperate to find an age related record Stat. "Bellingham is the youngest ever English international to be named after a Beetles song".
And as a final rant, Ronaldo has set a New Record for goals at the Euros NOT Made History, otherwise the previous record holder must have made history and the guy before him and so on...

MOTD was very good last night I thought. Granted Pearce n Keown on the first match are donkey doo but Guy was alright even if he was accompanied by brummie Carney. But as many have remarked up previously Mark Chapman really is a great host and Alex Scott is always enthusiastic. Even Rob Green was alright. Shame Chappers doesn't get more gigs.

ITV is fairly awful. Neville and Walton on the same channel is unspeakable. The elastic vocals of clive tyldesley or the droning whine of twatterface? Emma cement bag from Chelsea belongs on the sweeney. It's not exactly Italia 90 is it?

Poohgass trying desperastely to get Keane and Vierra at loggerheads was simply contrived and boring, this after forcing snidey Ratface upon us again and that ever-wrong c"nt Walton. As for Crimson Clive and Mardy Matterface!! A big ITV tun off.

Last edited:
Ronaldo dissed coke and now pogba dissing beer. Top wokery. No doubt they will agree to pay cuts and ask their clubs and countries to stop taking money from sponsers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.