EURO 2020 | General discussion

Who will win Euro 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wasn’t he considered as a world beater by Bayern fans when his transfer was announced ? What has he done since then ? Weren’t many of city fans moaning and whimpering when he left ? Have we flopped without him ?
Yes he was and when playing well is world class, all players go through bad patches. Because City haven’t flopped without him does not mean he not a very good player, just shows us how good City’s squad is even without Leroy. I also seem to remember that the majority on here were gutted when he left.

Just read Belgium are going to kick the ball out of play on the 10 minute mark in hour of their fallen comrade Eriksen who wore the 10 shirt. Has this world gone fucking mad? A minutes silence and a gesture of hand on heart at the start of the game is the least they should be doing

Had a look at slys good morning euros programe 30 secs i lasted what a crock of shit that is.

Reactions: mat
Italy have looked fantastic in their first two matches.

I'm not sure that I favor Italy to win - but they're definitely going to be a team to contend with.

Just read Belgium are going to kick the ball out of play on the 10 minute mark in hour of their fallen comrade Eriksen who wore the 10 shirt. Has this world gone fucking mad? A minutes silence and a gesture of hand on heart at the start of the game is the least they should be doing
Fcuk me, that's some right cringey shit if it happens

I'm not sure that I favor Italy to win - but they're definitely going to be a team to contend with.

It's so hard to tell at the moment. I think Italy have faced two really poor sides but it's probably a large amount to do with how well they've pressed and fought to win the ball back. If England played them I wouldn't be too concerned. They've got some excellent midfielders and a tough, experienced defence but Insigne, Immobile and Berardi wouldn't concern me at all.

Portugal won the last Euros having drawn all three group games and just managed to scrape through. It's a long tournament and the side playing the best football now doesn't necessarily win it.

I thought France were quite underwhelming but you could see how easily they can carve teams open when they do play. They're a huge threat as everyone knows. Germany through Kroos and Gundogan controlled the game, but just couldn't do anything in the final 3rd. They really should switch to a 4-3-3 as if they do they'll cause teams a lot of problems I think. Might lose something defensively as a result but at least they'll score some goals.

It's so hard to tell at the moment. I think Italy have faced two really poor sides but it's probably a large amount to do with how well they've pressed and fought to win the ball back. If England played them I wouldn't be too concerned. They've got some excellent midfielders and a tough, experienced defence but Insigne, Immobile and Berardi wouldn't concern me at all.

Portugal won the last Euros having drawn all three group games and just managed to scrape through. It's a long tournament and the side playing the best football now doesn't necessarily win it.

I thought France were quite underwhelming but you could see how easily they can carve teams open when they do play. They're a huge threat as everyone knows. Germany through Kroos and Gundogan controlled the game, but just couldn't do anything in the final 3rd. They really should switch to a 4-3-3 as if they do they'll cause teams a lot of problems I think. Might lose something defensively as a result but at least they'll score some goals.
Yup - you're thinking along the same lines as I am.

However, none of the other sides I have watched - even when facing inferior competition - have looked anywhere near as good as Italy has. Tranquil effortless passing - numerous shots on goal - employing a mix of through-the-middle attacks, attacks down the side, attacks in the box and attacks from range and attacks from set pieces - combined with no goals conceded - really Italy look fantastic!

Let's see how they fare in the knockout stage though where they'll face stiffer competition.
===
And well done Mancini! I always liked Mancini as manager - and I'm elated that he's doing so well with the Italy national team.

Not played anyone yet so it's had to tell how good they are but the defence looks solid so won't conceed many.

Depending on the knockout route they're good to reach the last 4 unless they end up against France, Portugal or the Dutch.

They're my SF teams if they're kept apart.

Yup - you're thinking along the same lines as I am.

However, none of the other sides I have watched - even when facing inferior competition - have looked anywhere near as good as Italy has. Tranquil effortless passing - numerous shots on goal - employing a mix of through-the-middle attacks, attacks down the side, attacks in the box and attacks from range and attacks from set pieces - combined with no goals conceded - really Italy look fantastic!

Let's see how they fare in the knockout stage though where they'll face stiffer competition.
===
And well done Mancini! I always liked Mancini as manager - and I'm elated that he's doing so well with the Italy national team.

No that's true. I looked back at the run Italy have been on and they've faced pretty poor opposition too, but you can only beat what is in front of you and the spirit they have to keep that clean sheet is much like we saw with City against PSG in the CL. A proper unit all looking to protect the record. Mancini has done an amazing job. They play excellent football with a lot of variety to their game. Verratti who is probably their best player is yet to come in as well, but they haven't needed him. To have Barella, Locatelli, Jorginho and Verratti... well they're pretty blessed in the middle of the park with hard working yet creative players. Verratti is the best on the ball but might weaken them if anything!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.