EURO 2020 | General discussion

Who will win Euro 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No that's true. I looked back at the run Italy have been on and they've faced pretty poor opposition too, but you can only beat what is in front of you and the spirit they have to keep that clean sheet is much like we saw with City against PSG in the CL. A proper unit all looking to protect the record. Mancini has done an amazing job. They play excellent football with a lot of variety to their game. Verratti who is probably their best player is yet to come in as well, but they haven't needed him. To have Barella, Locatelli, Jorginho and Verratti... well they're pretty blessed in the middle of the park with hard working yet creative players. Verratti is the best on the ball but might weaken them if anything!
I'm very, very impressed by Italy thus far in the Euros as - obviously - you are.

Italy - though - remain - at this point - my dark horse team - in terms of winning the competition.

My current predictions in terms of the side most likely to win the Euros:
1) France - say 30% or so to win the title - so much talent and depth at every position;
2) Portugal - gifted - less so than France - but the play well as a squad - say 25% to win the title
3) Italy - best side by far that I've watched - not sure if they'll perform this same way against top competition - say 20% chance to win the title.
4) Some other side - obvious. Anything might happen in a one-off. England's squad is very talented and might very well win the title. Belgium has the supposed best footballers in it's side based on FIFA rankings - but Belgium doesn't seem to have the drive to win.
===
At this point of the competition for me - as posted above - I favor France to win, Portugal 2nd favorite, and Italy 3rd choice.

I'm very, very impressed by Italy thus far in the Euros as - obviously - you are.

Italy - though - remain - at this point - my dark horse team - in terms of winning the competition.

1) France - say 30% or so to win the title - so much talent and depth at every position;
2) Portugal - gifted - less so than France - but the play well as a squad - say 25% to win the title
3) Italy - best side by far that I've watched - not sure if they'll perform this same way against top competition - say 20% chance to win the title.
4) Some other side - obvious. Anything might happen in a one-off. England's squad is very talented and might very well win the title. Belgium has the supposed best footballers in it's side based on FIFA rankings - but Belgium doesn't seem to have the drive to win.
===
At this point of the competition for me - as posted above - I favor France to win, Portugal 2nd favorite, and Italy 3rd choice.
Belgium won't win it, they have a soft underbelly.
They'll roll over at some point and have their tummies tickled.

===

At this moment in time I wouldn't argue with the above. France are favourites for a reason. But the favourite doesn't always win it, and the Euros have thrown up plenty of surprises in the past. Portugal won one game inside 90 minutes at the last Euros and won the tournament. So a team that is hard to break down always has a chance in this tournament and Italy are therefore worth a shout, but it wouldn't surprise me if a team like Wales did well again if I'm honest. They will probably finish 2nd or 3rd in the group and play 2nd from Belgium's group (which could be Belgium or anyone else?!). Lots of uncertainty still, but they'll sit in defend and with Bale, Ramsay, James and Moore have goals in them on the counter.

I think Gareth will play very reserved in the knockouts too and we might come into our own then. With two holding players or a back 5 we'll be hard to breakdown and we have so much pace on the counter it might be our best bet.

What's Gary Neville fucking wearing tonight. Some mess of a Norman Wisdom jacket with a sewn in body warmer. It's a fucking disgrace for a man with his money. and the jock next to him an even smaller footballer Brown? what a scruffy twat. Come on, must do better, - pint 5 being poured

France, Germany, Portugal and Spain all in action today. Looking forward to some decent football after watching that dross last night.

been thinking what if the 24th team was a "Rest of Europe" joker team made up of players who didn't qualify, how good could that be?

Thinking Oblak, Haaland, Jovic, Milenkovic-Savic, Pjanic, Dzeko, Mkhitaryan, Odegaard, Rashica, Celina, Mitrovic, Tadic, Milenkovic, Dallas, Evans, Hysaj, Doherty/Coleman, Kolarov, Berge, Ajer, Ilicic, Sigurdsson, Manolas etc.

I think it would be a fun concept.

Interesting stat just pointed out on Twitter (I am buying it as accurate): so far one goal in this competition has been from La Liga players, versus seventeen from Serie A players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.