Euro 2024

Exactly.

I wouldn't begrudge UEFA doing a Europa League style tournament for the so called smaller teams to get a piece of the pie. The winner qualifies for next euros.

Yeah, we could put Scotland in with the Isle of Man and let them have a go at winning something...

The 2nd team in Group A is playing the second in Group B and 2nd in D is playing the second in E.

The third place is a bit of a disaster.
Point F below is ridiculous as it gives an advantage to a higher ranking team

According to Uefa, the four best third-placed teams are determined, in the order given, by the following criteria:

A. Higher number of points

B. Superior goal difference

C. Higher number of goals scored

D. Higher number of wins

E. Lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received by players and team officials in all group matches (red card = three points, yellow card = one point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = three points)

F. Position in the overall European qualifiers rankings
F happened between denmark and slovenia...

F happened between denmark and slovenia...
I think it was E. Slovenia got 1 more yellow card…at least that’s what they said on U.S. TV. It was the one where the defender pulled Kane back when he turned him.

I think it was E. Slovenia got 1 more yellow card…at least that’s what they said on U.S. TV. It was the one where the defender pulled Kane back when he turned him.
just checked. 6-6 on yellows as far as i count. also heard the same from Turkish TV. cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.