Euro 2024

Having endured England last night and then the Belgium game earlier, I needed that. Amazing performance from Georgia. Good to see a team really go for it from the first minute, rather than keep it 0-0 and then try to score in the final 10.

A hugely positive result for England too with the toughest teams the other side of the draw. If we face Italy, having beaten them twice in qualifying I think we'll be fine for that and not daunted by them as we might have been otherwise. There's a route to the final you'd fancy, but it's based on us finally clicking into gear. We have to work harder than the opposition, move more than the opposition and play much much better than we have.

They're going to sit back and look to counter, so it's another game we'll be under immense scrutiny in and even a 2-0 win in normal time will transform the attitude around this team.

Having endured England last night and then the Belgium game earlier, I needed that. Amazing performance from Georgia. Good to see a team really go for it from the first minute, rather than keep it 0-0 and then try to score in the final 10.

A hugely positive result for England too with the toughest teams the other side of the draw. If we face Italy, having beaten them twice in qualifying I think we'll be fine for that and not daunted by them as we might have been otherwise. There's a route to the final you'd fancy, but it's based on us finally clicking into gear. We have to work harder than the opposition, move more than the opposition and play much much better than we have.

They're going to sit back and look to counter, so it's another game we'll be under immense scrutiny in and even a 2-0 win in normal time will transform the attitude around this team.
We must be careful he luckiest team ever as the luck in draws is astounding .

We must be careful he luckiest team ever as the luck in draws is astounding .

It’s not that astounding. There’s obviously luck involved but you get a high ranking, you get an easier qualifying group. You win your qualifying group, you get an easier tournament group. You win that, you’re more likely to get an easier route through the knockout rounds. You get to semis and finals of tournaments, you maintain a high ranking.

Not sure if this was mentioned in this thread before but the secret star of the Euros for us Germans is Saxophone player Andre.

A music teacher who lost his job prior to the Euros and since then has spent his time playing at the fan zones whenever Germany is playing. Trademarks are his Rudi Völler Shirt and the black Saxophone.

This guy (and the Euros) have most likely done more to fight the toxic climate in Germany than every politician has ever done.

It's just great to see people of all kind of backgrounds celebrate and enjoy themselves especially with the far right on the rise in Germany.

Only decent YouTube video I have found is the below, ignore the German commentary but I was not sure if linking from Instagram would work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.