Euro 2024

Not sure if this was mentioned in this thread before but the secret star of the Euros for us Germans is Saxophone player Andre.

A music teacher who lost his job prior to the Euros and since then has spent his time playing at the fan zones whenever Germany is playing. Trademarks are his Rudi Völler Shirt and the black Saxophone.

This guy (and the Euros) have most likely done more to fight the toxic climate in Germany than every politician has ever done.

It's just great to see people of all kind of backgrounds celebrate and enjoy themselves especially with the far right on the rise in Germany.

Only decent YouTube video I have found is the below, ignore the German commentary but I was not sure if linking from Instagram would work.

Far right? Sorry but why are you bringing your politics into it?

Why not? There are several elections this year in Germany and the whole environment was very toxic the first half of the year due to the hate speech and fake news of the far right. The Euros seem to have the potential to overcome these nutjobs and this is a wonderful example.

Germany gets through largely on the back of the consistency and excellence of Gundogan.

Switzerland gets through largely on the back of the consistency and excellence of Akanji.

Netherlands gets through largely on the back of the consistency and excellence of Ake.

Spain gets through largely on the back of the consistency and excellence of Rodri.

Belgium gets through largely on the back of the consistency and excellence of De Bruyne.

Portugal gets through largely on the back of the consistency and excellence of Dias and Bernardo.

England gets through largely on the back of the consistency and excellence of Stones.

f30bdd2d-a0e7-4818-989d-eb6997d3aec9_text.gif

Over the years it’s always been the likes of Germany France Spain Holland England Italy and Portugal who have always battled it out to win trophy’s but now the power is slowly shifting away as we are seeing with Swiss Austria and even turkey who are now all challenging for the trophy’s . I have a feeling we will see a shock in this tournament.

Over the years it’s always been the likes of Germany France Spain Holland England Italy and Portugal who have always battled it out to win trophy’s but now the power is slowly shifting away as we are seeing with Swiss Austria and even turkey who are now all challenging for the trophy’s . I have a feeling we will see a shock in this tournament.
I feel a sneaky bet on Turkey/Turkiye coming on, they look very decent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.