Euro 2028 UK & Ireland

10 stadiums per the EURO 2024 arrangements, so will likely be:

Wembley, Millennium Stadium, Aviva, Hampden Park, Old Trafford, Emirates, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Villa Park, St. James or Stadium of Light and somewhere else in the Midlands like Leicester, Forest, MK or Wolves.
The swamp needs a bot of work on it.

It'd be cool if Pairc Ui Chaomh (45,000 capacity) in Cork was doable.

I'd like to see groups played in set cities.

Group A - Etihad and Old Trafford
Group B - Wembley and Tottenham
Group C - Cardiff Arms Park and Millenium Stadium
Group D - Anfield and Everton's new ground
Group E - Celtic Park and Ibrox
Group F - Aviva Stadium and Croke Park
Group G - Villa Park and another midlands ground
Group H - Sunderland and Newcastle

Belfast might have to be included, in which case I'd drop Croke Park and have an Irish group.

This would mean less travelling for teams and fans during the group stage and give more clubs the opportunity to host matches.

The group winners would then stay in the same city for the last 16 tie and one stadium from each group would drop out.

The final should be at Hampden or Cardiff but we know Wemberlee will have it.
I think it would be cool for grouping cities /venues held groups.

Just think the Etihad ahead of swamp and 2 Scotish venues.
Wales really only have Millennium.... Unless Swansea/ Cardiff City gets an upgrade

Yea the final in london.

Last edited:
It'd be cool if Pairc Ui Chaomh (45,000 capacity) in Cork was doable.
I'd have thought no chance. The venues have to be all seater, don't they? How much would it cost to convert the venue? Plus, if it did become an all seater venue, that caoacity would drastically drop. And don't the venues have to be a minimum capacity? That would also rule out Windsor Pk in Belfast, which is tiny (just over 18k).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.